The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Chandler Mini Rack ... True Real World Summing Examples
Old 20th September 2008
Gear Maniac

Chandler Mini Rack ... True Real World Summing Examples

I have been going back and forth on picking up one of these units , but I cannot find one single sound example using the Chandler . Everyone seems to say it's great , but I want to hear it for myself . Does anyone have ANY clips WITH and WITHOUT so I can hear for myself???
Old 21st September 2008
Old 21st September 2008
Lives for gear

If this helps any, dunno..
but you can listen to Amon Tobin's most recent album "Foley Room", he uses a TG mixer as well as an API 2500, the latter could very well be for his drum buss however, not sure.
Old 21st September 2008
Gear Addict

Amon Tobin's stuff sounds so amazing.
Old 21st September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by demel View Post
Amon Tobin's stuff sounds so amazing.
I don't throw the word "genius" around too easily, I find it is often misused and abused. There are lots of peeps who are extremely good at what they do, but that don't make them "genius" by any means. However, Amon Tobin's music, imo - in the world of sampling and electronic music - is f***ing genius, and it was so way before he got that API 2500 and TG mixer (Permutation and Supermodified albums).

Not to hijack the thread, I'm sure we can discuss our admiration for Mr. Tobin elsewhere, but yeah, if I had the means, I wouldn't mind one of each of those units for meself!

Which sounds best from the list above, don't know, and really wouldn't care, I would pick one, learn it, and move on!
Old 24th January 2015
Here for the gear

shootout is not there anymore... if someone could link some shootouts they know of please link them! there arent too many out there. especially not that many done right...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search