The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I'm crazy
Old 15th September 2008
Gear Head

I'm crazy

Stoked. My budget for putting together a nice little set-up in west Petaluma, Ca, is about $100K. So, I would like to get a nice console, PTHD, and a tape machine. I allready have a lead on a Studer A800 in good shape. The console I'm leaning towards is a Neve 8128 reconditioned by primal gear in nashville ($35k). Please, I welcome your thoughts.

and yes, i want your snobby suggestions.
Old 15th September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
i want your snobby suggestions.
Old 15th September 2008
Gear Nut

I'm from Sebastopol, small world eh? But i'm moving to emeryville next month, otherwise i would volunteer my free time if to try to help out in any way that i can. As far as a console it depends what you want, analog? digital?
Old 15th September 2008
member no 666

I don't know anyone selling inexpensive consoles that might fit into your budget [don't forget to allocate at least 25% of your budget to little things... like installation]... but I do know of a Studer A-800 mkIII in pristine condition with under 1000 hours on the clock.

If you would like me to put you in contact with the seller [I don't deal in used equipment, neither does my company], email [email protected] as I generally do not participate in this forum any longer.

Peace.
Old 15th September 2008
Lives for gear

Huh?

Is anyone actually buying this thread?

-andrews
Old 16th September 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Halo View Post
Is anyone actually buying this thread?

-andrews
no, why, should I? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
I don't know anyone selling inexpensive consoles that might fit into your budget [don't forget to allocate at least 25% of your budget to little things... like installation]... but I do know of a Studer A-800 mkIII in pristine condition with under 1000 hours on the clock.

If you would like me to put you in contact with the seller [I don't deal in used equipment, neither does my company], email [email protected] as I generally do not participate in this forum any longer.

Peace.
Studers are nice, period.
A bit eehm gentle compared to the early Filtek, but hey..
Anyway, what I want to ask is; why are you leaving GS?
You didn't get into any fight now did ya?
Old 16th September 2008
well....
Old 18th September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyBeach View Post
i need a rad patchbay. werd.
soooo its a skater-rock/hiphop studio you are building...
Old 18th September 2008
Lives for gear

Identify what your needs are and then let us know. I can't tell you how to spend 100K without knowing what your intentions are.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search