The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
API A2D Question????
Old 14th September 2008
Gear Addict

API A2D Question????

This may seem like a stupid question, I am using the API A2d to record with but I need more than just the two inputs. Can I sync the API with a FF 800 lets say and keep the API preamps and use the FF preamps? Basically, I need 4-6 inputs and I do not want to buy another API A2D and waste the converters in the second. Is there an easier way to do this?
Old 15th September 2008
Gear Head

The Fireface has spdif (coaxial) input, so you should be able to do it. The A2D converters have a stereo spdif and aes output. I hooked em up to my old presonus interface no problem. They just read as additional input channels in the software mixer. In fact, the biggest issue was making sure the clocks all played nicely with each other.

Edit: To sync them, I just used the A2D's clock as the master and told my interface to use the spdif in as the clock source.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search