The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro tools HD VS Muto HD
Old 14th September 2008
Gear Head

Pro tools HD VS Muto HD

Wat u guys think
Old 14th September 2008
Lives for gear

Easy

PTHD all the way, no quistion about it
Old 14th September 2008
Lives for gear
What is Muto?

If you mean Motu (?) then it is not really a professional system, for a variety of reasons.
Old 14th September 2008
Lives for gear

Pro Tools HD 100%

Pro Tools HD 100%

1. Quality of even its most basic interface is better.
2. It's a standard amongst pro studios, helping ensure either business or compatibility with other studios.
3. Much more plugs, synths and the quality of those are generally better.
4. Better re-sale value if need be.
5. Piece of mind. (You won't spend time wondering if you could have bought better)
6. Expandibility.

I am not just advocating Pro Tools for Pro Tools sake. I came to this same conclusion after much research and same choices a long time ago and since then, all these factors have only grown to reinforce my findings.

Best of luck.

-andrews
Old 14th September 2008
Lives for gear

Motu HD192 with which DAW?

for what purpose / goals / working environment / modus operandi?

your question cannot be answered to any degree of accuracy.

either could be the more appropriate for a myriad of reasons.

be more specific.
Old 14th September 2008
Lives for gear

Can you please explain why? I know tons of professional studios that uses Motu HD with Digital performer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Byre View Post

then it is not really a professional system, for a variety of reasons.
Old 14th September 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by parissound View Post
Can you please explain why? I know tons of professional studios that uses Motu HD with Digital performer.
Proper professional - turning over money, paying employees. Not composer suites or one man ops - they have there place but that's not what he was referring to.

You won't find MOTU in Air, Abbey Road, Sawmills, Sarmwest, rockfield (bless), monnow valley (ouch), the old Townhouse (rip), church studios (now private) , the chapel, all of the miloco tracking facilities, metropolis, exchange (eek) etc etc blah blah heathmans.....
Old 14th September 2008
mds
Lives for gear

or The Village, Conway, Oceanway, Glenwood, Todd AO, etc. etc....high end pro studios run pro tools...that doesn't mean pro work doesn't get done on other systems, but the big studios are all pro tools...at least in LA they are....
Old 15th September 2008
Gear Guru

I think pro tools in major studio because it can be a neutral that everyone can work together with, PT has not been here since the beginning on music so its no god compared to some other stuff, Logic make great software as well, yes Motu is no where near PT in fact some Presonus AD/DA is better than Motu..
Old 15th September 2008
Lives for gear

PT is a software, you can use any converter you like. I see a lot of people dont like the PT concept ( probably digidesigns marketing is what they dont like ? ).
The software itself is a masterpiece imo. I am still running their vintage mix stuff everyday, had some minor trouble during the years, i turn it on and turn it off.
Its working, what more can you ask for ?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search