The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SOS, need gear...
Old 11th March 2003
Capitol Studios Paris

Guys, we're looking for some gear...

Sorry to appeal to you all here on this forum, but we're looking for AD8000SEs, a MixPlus, an H3000SE, a GML8200 EQ, a pair of M149s, a D112, an U47fet, a polarity checker, an excellent DI, and a pair of PCM42s. Payment by Paypal.

If you have any of the above to sell, don't hesitate to email or PM me.

Thanks!

Old 11th March 2003
Lives for gear

Re: SOS, need gear...

PCM42 rare 1U rack delay £ 800

Mark
Funky Junk Ltd
Islington Studios
Thane Works
Thane Villas
London N7 7NU
UK
tel; 020 7609 5479
fax; 020 7609 5483
http://www.proaudioeurope.com
Old 12th March 2003
Capitol Studios Paris

Thanks, Renie.

As it happens, I've been in touch with Mark (FJ UK) and especially Pierre (FJ France) for years on a collegial, friendly basis -- I've never been a customer. However, a few people I know have had problems with used gear they purchased from FJ going dead shortly afterward. I also know a tech that used to work for them and he told some unflattering tales of very skimpy servicing of gear going out the door -- in order to save tech costs. My feeling is that if you advertise that all the gear is serviced, then it should be done well. Or in all fairness, perhaps I just know the exceptional cases.

As it stands, I like Mark and Pierre very much as individuals, but am hesitant to buy vintage gear from FJ and would prefer dealing with a regular fellow GS member. If you have some nice experiences about FJ to share, it would be great to hear about it.
Old 12th March 2003
Lives for gear

:eek:

No, I've never bought from FJ but I was planning to, very soon..

It would be good to hear from other's experiences- I am surprised by your words.

Also, who are FJ's main competition in the UK?

Thanks,
Old 12th March 2003
Capitol Studios Paris

Renie, I'm aware of audiotoyshop in the UK but have no experience with them, nor heard from anyone who has. In general, I'm pretty leery of vintage brokers. All best,

Jon
Old 12th March 2003
FJ A-OK in my book.

Jules
Old 12th March 2003
Quote:
Originally posted by Jules
FJ A-OK in my book.

Jules

Me too.

I've bought lots of stuff from there(and I am in NYC) and have never had a problem.
Old 12th March 2003
Re: Guys, we're looking for some gear...

Quote:
Originally posted by jon
Sorry to appeal to you all here on this forum, but we're looking for AD8000SEs, a MixPlus, an H3000SE, a GML8200 EQ, a pair of M149s, a D112, an U47fet, a polarity checker, an excellent DI, and a pair of PCM42s. Payment by Paypal.

Thanks!

Hey Jon,

Why a H3000SE?

Maybe you should check out a DSP7000.
Old 12th March 2003
Lives for gear

Re: Guys, we're looking for some gear...

Quote:
Originally posted by jon

Thanks!

I might fix something for you for the :

AD8000SE
you don't need a 47 tube by all mean, I can have that too ...

I have to make a phone call for that (PM or email me if you're interested)

malice
Old 12th March 2003
Capitol Studios Paris

Re: Re: Guys, we're looking for some gear...

Thanks to the folks who have contacted me so far!

Quote:
Originally posted by thethrillfactor
Hey Jon,

Why a H3000SE?

Maybe you should check out a DSP7000.
Hey thrill, I have an Orville...and a borrowed H3000 that we can't keep. The freelancers generally know the H3000 much better than the Orville...it gets more use due to its familiarity factor.

Me? I like both! Want both!

P.S. Glad to hear the props for FJ. I take it you guys are both referring to FJ in the UK.
Old 12th March 2003
Lives for gear

fj worldwide

Quote:
Originally posted by jon
Thanks, Renie.

As it happens, I've been in touch with Mark (FJ UK) and especially Pierre (FJ France) for years on a collegial, friendly basis -- I've never been a customer. However, a few people I know have had problems with used gear they purchased from FJ going dead shortly afterward. I also know a tech that used to work for them and he told some unflattering tales of very skimpy servicing of gear going out the door -- in order to save tech costs. My feeling is that if you advertise that all the gear is serviced, then it should be done well. Or in all fairness, perhaps I just know the exceptional cases.

As it stands, I like Mark and Pierre very much as individuals, but am hesitant to buy vintage gear from FJ and would prefer dealing with a regular fellow GS member. If you have some nice experiences about FJ to share, it would be great to hear about it.
Hello, I've purchased gear from FJ UK, FJ Milan, FJ Sweden, and FJ Paris (equal opportunity gearslut). Never had a problem with anything, and it included some nasty to service gear like Publison and AMS. I do most of my own tech repairs, so it wouldn't be an issue if something died, but in my experiences, FJ delivers fairly priced used gear and it's all worked when I've got it out of the box and installed. Another place to check is Gearonline.co.uk. Allison has treated me well there. They are kind of a brokerage that lists gear others are selling, but they have an in-house tech go through it before shipping it off. Also - for non-US buyers, crystalpro.demon.co.uk is another good source.

Good luck.
Old 12th March 2003
Re: Re: Re: Guys, we're looking for some gear...

Quote:
Originally posted by jon
Thanks to the folks who have contacted me so far!

Hey thrill, I have an Orville...and a borrowed H3000 that we can't keep. The freelancers generally know the H3000 much better than the Orville...it gets more use due to its familiarity factor.

Me? I like both! Want both!

P.S. Glad to hear the props for FJ. I take it you guys are both referring to FJ in the UK.

Yeah Jon the UK one.

The DSP7000 is pretty easy to use. I mixed (2) albums in PT with that alone for everything(reverbs,delays,chorusing,special efx) just like the old days when the H3000 first came out.

Its layed out in the same fashion as the H3000/DSP4000.

I have that an the KSP8 and I find it actually more useful. The patches are made for getting busy, not just showing off.heh

Hey I guess you gotta cater to the guys that pay the bills.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search