The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Buyer Beware ? (please give me your input on this iffy for sale case)
Old 13th March 2003
Lives for gear

Eveanna, you rock out loud...
Old 14th March 2003
Lives for gear

Thanks, Eveanna! =)

BTW, there's a used massive passive sitting in a store near me that is just making me ACHE.
Old 14th March 2003
Lives for gear

need a U67 from indonesia?

I'm not commenting on this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=15198
Old 15th March 2003
Lives for gear

Evanna,

See, if you only sold your 16X2 for $3,000, we wouldn't have this problem, now would we?heh

(well, it was worth a shot)
Old 17th March 2003
Lives for gear

i use paypal all the time. i use it for ebay or direct sale situations, whne dealing with people from recpit/gearslutz/or even harmony central. as has been pointed out, just use a regular credit card and voila, you have fraud protection.

my two small other observations are that i've generally had less trouble transacting any better/more expensive pieces of gear. you just end up dealing with other pro's so it's kosher. and two, if i get all their contact info and try calling them at home or work to verify info, i tend to feel more sure i'm not being put on.

i no longer transact with individuals out of the country as i saw a friend get screwed that way with no recourse, and being a seperare country muddied up the water too much. so i give paypal the big ok. and if you use your brains past that, all should be well. i'm am happy to see the scamsters exposed here. i'd never do the money transfer with a stranger when these other methods are so readily available. (and paypal is just as quick).
Old 17th March 2003
Lives for gear

pounce, I agree paypal is super convenient and fast.
but it is also pretty expensive for int'l sales because of their hilarious exchange rates.

if you add that to their nominal fees, you and up paying them whopping 7% per transaction. :eek:

so I'll probably be using a regular escrow service and bank to bank wire in the future.

my 2 (euro-)cents.

michael
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear