The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Daking ?
Old 25th April 2005
Gear Addict

Daking ?

Is the mic pre of the mic pre IV the same as the 52270B ?
Old 25th April 2005
Lives for gear

I'm pretty sure it is. I had serial#007 of the Mic Pre IV here. It sounds really good! The gain steps are a little coarse at 5dB I think. The advertising said that the gain would be continuously variable, so this was a bit of a surprise to me.

I ended up not keeping it, but now kind of wish I would have. In fact, I may end up buying between 2 and 4 of these units. The guys at Transamerica were telling me that Paul Reed Smith really loves the sound of guitars going through the Mic Pre IV.
Old 25th April 2005
Lives for gear

Yup, it's the same rockin' pre-amp
Old 25th April 2005
Gear Head

daking

I am surprised that more (guitar players) do not use this Mic/Pre they are so good for guitar. I always considered it my little secret till I found this board with others like me...DAKING puts itself in a class were it's quality is superior....
Old 11th May 2005
The gain on the mic pre-IV IS in 5dB steps and the ads still say "continuous". The good news is, it has from 5dB (w/pad in) to 75dB gain (which spec doesn't appear in any literature or ads I've seen).

Can someone clue me as to what purposes the line inputs are commonly used?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search