The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
TD-1 for guitar and bass
Old 24th April 2005
Gear Nut

TD-1 for guitar and bass

Does anyone have feed-back on the Millenia TD-1 for recording bass and guitar and how does it work on vocals ...... I'm not a big believer in all in one channels but this one looks pretty good ... i'm a little leary about this switching from tube to solid state topology stuff
Old 24th April 2005
Lives for gear

I bought mine a couple of months ago, in fact, what I really wanted was the mic pre that now comes for free with the unit. We have Millennias in the studio where I work and I love the sound of this things. I got mine for my home-studio where I record my demos. For vocals it sounds great, I use a Shure Ksm44 or Beta58A depending on the song and both sound really good. The EQ it´s really really great sounding. I´ve got an MBox with a Rosetta 200 and I´m thinking in buying something with more ins/outs to be able to use the EQ in mixing ( using Q-clone ) because it really makes a difference this EQ. The DI section sounds great but the tube stage it´s a little bit noiser than I expected and if I crank up the Gain, I can hear some radio interference ( maybe it´s just my unit or my place, I haven´t tried it outside my room ). I use the DI to record my Active 5 string JazzBass ( a mexican made one ) but sounds very detailed thru the DI. I also use the DI to record an American Telecaster Deluxe and a Gibson LesPaul if I want a clean sound. If I want an Amp tone, I use the VoxTonelab with the amp output and then go to the instrument input of the TD-1 and this combination sounds great to my ears.

For me, the only contras will be the noisy tube stage and that some buttons mute the signal for a second ( for example the EQ in mutes the signal for a second but you can leave the EQ in always pressed and the LF IN and HF IN out, this way, if you want to EQ, just press the band you want to EQ and this way you don´t get yor signal muted ).

Anyway it´s a great unit if you like Millennia sound ( and I love it !! ), you´ve got plenty of different outputs and sounds very transparent if that is what you are looking for.

I have to say that if my TD-1 got stolen I would buy another one ( when I could !! ). It´s expensive if you are gonna use only the DI, but it´s cheap if you like the pre ( and you will ) and the EQ it´s one of the best sounding I have heard.
Old 25th April 2005
Lives for gear

I've been using the TD-1 for over a year. It's my go-to box for bass and electric DI and I use the HV-3 preamp (included with the TD-1) for anything that needs clean straight-wire gain. Acoustic guitar and strings with the HV-3 are amazing, as is electric guitar with a ribbon mic. Never tried it with vocals.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search