The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What's wrong with you guys? Where the hell are the slutty pics??
Old 21st June 2015
A few years ago we had avatars, but those are now gone. We used to have on-board pic hosting, but that seems to be gone too. Now it's a click on file, no pics.

I must have missed the changes made around here?
Old 21st June 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
Had a recent onslaught of over the top slutiness during a six day guitar session at my place with Billy Duffy and Bob Rock working on the new Cult album.
Truly great series of posts! How were the new Cult songs? Have they still got it?
Old 21st June 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Man, I want those trident pres. I used to love the cult when i was a kid. I listened to She Sells Sanctuary the other day...that song still rocks.
Man those pres are sweet, hopefully will be using them again in the near future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
That sound like fun!!! Is that a Tonelux console?

"You music is Loud!" Priceless.
Yes 3228 Tonelux.....paul Wolff made a surprise visit awhile ago and we hung out and had lunch....he signed my console. Love my console!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
What mics are you using in this pic?
Tul mics...from South Africa. Bob says they are like a 57 but he likes them because they use a dynamic feedback circuit which helps eliminate high frequency buzz. There were more mics you cant see in that pic too.

http://www.tulmicrophones.com/G12.html
Attached Thumbnails
What's wrong with you guys? Where the hell are the slutty pics??-tul-2-.jpg   What's wrong with you guys? Where the hell are the slutty pics??-paul-wolff.jpg   What's wrong with you guys? Where the hell are the slutty pics??-trident-2-.jpg  

Last edited by Croaker; 21st June 2015 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: tul from south africa not austrailia
Old 21st June 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekis View Post
Truly great series of posts! How were the new Cult songs? Have they still got it?
Got it in spades, especially Billy Duffy..IMO, he was just ripping. Him and Bob make a great team.

As far as the songs themselves go, they sounded great to me. I cant go into detail about the actual songs as asked per their management, but just hearing the raw tracks with scratch vocals you could tell it was something special. We will all find out soon enough.
Old 21st June 2015
bee
Lives for gear

Quote:
Man those pres are sweet, hopefully will be using them again in the near future!

Yes 3228 Tonelux.....paul Wolff made a surprise visit awhile ago and we hung out and had lunch....he signed my console. Love my console!

Tul mics...from South Africa. Bob says they are like a 57 but he likes them because they use a dynamic feedback circuit which helps eliminate high frequency buzz. There were more mics you cant see in that pic too.

Tul Microphones - Hearing is believing
Awesome, thanks for info and the pics.
Old 22nd June 2015
Lives for gear

\m/\m/
Attached Thumbnails
What's wrong with you guys? Where the hell are the slutty pics??-10422250_996936800339631_3071289190375166389_n-1-.jpg  
Old 22nd June 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Got it in spades, especially Billy Duffy..IMO, he was just ripping. Him and Bob make a great team.

As far as the songs themselves go, they sounded great to me. I cant go into detail about the actual songs as asked per their management, but just hearing the raw tracks with scratch vocals you could tell it was something special. We will all find out soon enough.
Oh, I completely understand. And yes, Billy Duffy is one of the underrated guitar greats. He's a top-notch rhythm player--his playing's got mad attitude! Were you listening with finished vocals and/or lyrics? Observing Bob Rock's mic-technique must have been inspiring. It seems like he completely goesfor a sound and gets what he's hearing in his head. I would've volunteered to sharpened pencils and made coffee on that one!
Old 22nd June 2015
Lives for gear

okay .. added ))) modestly black & tubes ...
Attached Thumbnails
What's wrong with you guys? Where the hell are the slutty pics??-988592_10204708475891839_6752029109388166588_n.jpg   What's wrong with you guys? Where the hell are the slutty pics??-1653277_10204711096997365_5733602575255288813_n.jpg   What's wrong with you guys? Where the hell are the slutty pics??-10259066_10204726010810201_2100127046338999196_n.jpg   What's wrong with you guys? Where the hell are the slutty pics??-10455208_10204726011210211_6897444623922820007_n.jpg   What's wrong with you guys? Where the hell are the slutty pics??-10882109_10204726011730224_8342347402983045399_n.jpg  

What's wrong with you guys? Where the hell are the slutty pics??-11011197_10204708476811862_141405280125580762_n.jpg   What's wrong with you guys? Where the hell are the slutty pics??-11230105_10204708476491854_8860376424602908368_n.jpg   What's wrong with you guys? Where the hell are the slutty pics??-11402664_10204726009850177_8550979369986601190_n.jpg  
Old 22nd June 2015
Quote:
Oh, I completely understand. And yes, Billy Duffy is one of the underrated guitar greats. He's a top-notch rhythm player--his playing's got mad attitude! Were you listening with finished vocals and/or lyrics? Observing Bob Rock's mic-technique must have been inspiring. It seems like he completely goesfor a sound and gets what he's hearing in his head. I would've volunteered to sharpened pencils and made coffee on that one!
No doubt I learned some cool **** about recording guitars.

I cant say enough about billy duffy, he is a monster player, his own unique animal for sure. super cool cat. I can really appreciate the nuances of his playing experiencing it up close.

The tracks were bass, drums, some guitar and scratch vocals... I am assuming scratch guitar tracks...all we worked on was the real guitars, guitars, guitars and more guitars!

Bob knows exactly what sound and tone he is going for in his head and what Billy wants and dialed in greats sounds quickly. With everything out and close at hand it created a very creative work flow...some stuff was just magic improvised and created on the spot. It was amazing to experience. Bob and Billy are a great team. Most of all the man LOVES what he does, you could just feel his passion.

There were guitars and pedals everywhere! very cool amps to go along with the all amps I already have.....Dumble modified bassman, Vintage AC30, Friedman, Sears Silvertone, and a couple Divided by 13 amps.....not to mention the crazy ****load of badass guitars. And everything was used at some point....a lot at the same time as Bob blends his sound into one monster tone depending on the song or need, sometimes it was just the Silvertone and a binson delay...a true master with great ears.

Bob knows his pedals too, everything about each one, what was in it and why it sounded the way it did and he would dial sounds in and change pedals as Billy was playing to find the magic....and it didnt take long! It was badass.

What was cool was when he had some extra time he would talk about how each one works or effects the sound and why he uses in a certain way. Bob is also a dam good guitar player and he would show me how how his different amps could be dialed in while he was playing it....very cool. All we did was eat, sleep and drink guitar and music.

Sometimes I would cook for them during breaks as I am a chef too. ...talk about great stories! A truly amazing experience for me personally. Everybody really dug the vibe of my place and had a great time. Man i live for **** like that.!....exactly why I built my studio. There is nothing like working with pros.

Now my studio is in my house and built out very nicely by Gary Myerburg so we had complete seperation in the control room from live room but upstairs in the house the plates were rattling on the shelves...funny ****

Our breaktime view below.......
Attached Thumbnails
What's wrong with you guys? Where the hell are the slutty pics??-img_3825.jpg  

Last edited by Croaker; 22nd June 2015 at 05:20 PM..
Old 22nd June 2015
Gear Maniac

Dayumnnn...

I'm not well-travelled by any means, but I did make it out to Maui once and can't imagine a more beautiful place to call home... awesome and thanks for sharing.
Old 23rd June 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Very inspiring! So did Bob close up his studio at his place?
Old 23rd June 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanBlack View Post
Very inspiring! So did Bob close up his studio at his place?
Thx!.it was inspiring for sure.

Don't really wanna speak for Bob about what he plans to do with his studio, not sure what his situation or plans are for that. Just happy to help him out whenever he needs it.
Old 23rd June 2015
Lives for gear

Here's the New and improved Synth cave:

PICS

sooo much funnnnn ( vids too )

z

Last edited by NewAllianceEast!; 23rd June 2015 at 06:22 AM.. Reason: link issues
Old 23rd June 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Our breaktime view below.......
I did a project in Maui many, many years ago. I thought it was the most beautiful place I had ever been to! We drove around the entire circumference of the island, and it was breathtaking! The smells (pineapples and ocean air) were out of this world--sensory overload! Croaker, my friend, you are living a dream--my dream, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAllianceEast! View Post
Looks quite "cavernous"! Lol! Thanks for posting.

Now back to "work" (if you can actually call it that)...
Old 23rd June 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
I did a project in Maui many, many years ago. I thought it was the most beautiful place I had ever been to! We drove around the entire circumference of the island, and it was breathtaking! The smells (pineapples and ocean air) were out of this world--sensory overload! Croaker, my friend, you are living a dream--my dream, lol!

Looks quite "cavernous"! Lol! Thanks for posting.

Now back to "work" (if you can actually call it that)...

My work studio is one floor below. I sometimes have have time to run up and demo ideas! my g.f. writes there too so it's cranking all the time!
Old 23rd June 2015
Quote:

I cant say enough about billy duffy, he is a monster player, his own unique animal for sure. super cool cat. I can really appreciate the nuances of his playing experiencing it up close.

...snipped...

Sometimes I would cook for them during breaks as I am a chef too. ...talk about great stories! A truly amazing experience for me personally. Everybody really dug the vibe of my place and had a great time. Man i live for **** like that.!....exactly why I built my studio.
Brilliant ! Post of the year !

I'm happy for you.

Yesterday I have written to Mr. McCullagh from TUI Mics about the G12 retro style microphone. Let's see, ...

R.
Old 23rd June 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf Ebitsch View Post

I'm happy for you.

Yesterday I have written to Mr. McCullagh from TUI Mics about the G12 retro style microphone. Let's see, ...

R.
Post back about that. Those have now popped up on my radar as well....
Old 24th June 2015
Quote:
Life isn good and way too short..... if you are ever out this way look me me up we can hang over some tropical cocktails and views!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf Ebitsch View Post

I'm happy for you.

R.
Thx Rolf....I dont know about post of the year but I thought it would be cool to share this slutiness experience with my GS brothers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Post back about that. Those have now popped up on my radar as well....
Hey Bill...Im gonna try one out for sure......Im in Jersey getting ready to do some mobile recording with Billy Walton and gonna put one of these puppies on his amp if I can get my hands on one!
Old 24th June 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
Hey Bill...Im gonna try one out for sure......Im in Jersey getting ready to do some mobile recording with Billy Walton and gonna put one of these puppies on his amp if I can get my hands on one!
Cool Tom! Hmmmm.....recording in Jersey, or Maui...... Which would I choose.

Yeah, get the scoop on where we can get those Tul Mics and hit me back. I like the concept, the look, and Im sure I'd dig the sound. I'll owe you a island cocktail. :-)
Old 24th June 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Cool Tom! Hmmmm.....recording in Jersey, or Maui...... Which would I choose.

Yeah, get the scoop on where we can get those Tul Mics and hit me back. I like the concept, the look, and Im sure I'd dig the sound. I'll owe you a island cocktail. :-)
I hear ya Bill...everybody goes to hawaii for vacation and i go to jersey!....people here think Im crazy

The good thing is I get to visit my mom who is in a home with advanced dementia...and see extended family.

Will hopefully here back about those mics....Island cocktail it is! aloha!
Old 24th June 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
aloha!
Aloha indeed. I'm kinda diggin' living in a "destination" style spot myself. Although it's a far cry from an island, we still have amazingly unbelievable sunsets. Have a good gig.
Old 24th June 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Life isn good and way too short..... if you are ever out this way look me me up we can hang over some tropical cocktails and views!

Thank-you for the offer! Will do.
Old 3rd July 2015
Gear Maniac

Not sure if anyone is posting any slutty pictures anymore but here a few of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
What's wrong with you guys? Where the hell are the slutty pics??-893133_681335705259153_2486323221349533988_o.jpg  

Last edited by ForgottenG; 3rd July 2015 at 02:31 AM.. Reason: More pictures.
Old 3rd July 2015
Gear Addict

Let's see if I got this picture upload thing goin'.
Just moved into a new place, not together yet. But here's my room just before I moved.
Attached Thumbnails
What's wrong with you guys? Where the hell are the slutty pics??-img_8195.jpg  
Old 4th July 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAllianceEast! View Post

PICS

sooo much funnnnn ( vids too )

z
Sweet drum setup! I like what you did with the SDS-5s with the MFB sequencer in there. SDS-6 too, cool!
Old 4th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiz9000 View Post
Sweet drum setup! I like what you did with the SDS-5s with the MFB sequencer in there. SDS-6 too, cool!
yeah it's fun! one of the MFB's is hooked up to the mono synths as well fopr bass lines and can be routed to arpeggiators on the Rolands for sweeps!

;D

the SDS6 is soon to be implemented too. i have changed the resistance on the sync input but it still should be lower to work with more modern gear...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search