The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Yamaha D25 aes pinout to Digidesign D25 aes pinout
Old 12th April 2005
Here for the gear
Yamaha D25 aes pinout to Digidesign D25 aes pinout

Is the pinout of the Yamaha D25 on the MY96E AES I/O card the same as the pinout on the Digidesign Digi 192 I/O AES D25 connector?
update:There are 2 aes DB25 connectors on the back of the Digi 192. Each connector does 8 Channels of I/O for a toal of 16 channels of I/O.The Tascam DB25 cables do not work.

Last edited by rmoondoggy; 13th April 2005 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: Provide more info
Old 13th April 2005
Lowdbrent
There is no AES DB25 connection on a 192I/O

There are AES/EBU via XLR, ADAT via Light Pipe, and S/PDIF via RCA. The DB25s are analog I/O, and they are configured to match the Tascam standard.
Old 13th April 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoondoggy
Is the pinout of the Yamaha D25 on the MY96E AES I/O card the same as the pinout on the Digidesign Digi 192 I/O AES D25 connector?
No, theyre not the same.

bit me in the ass last month.

my Dig 192 I/Os DB25s and the DB25 onthe AES card of the DM2000 were not playing nicely.
After many calls, I learned that they each use a different scheme.

Digi uses the tascam version, and Yamaha uses the Sony [i think?]
Anyhoo, theyre most def different.

Best
Sean
Old 13th April 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowdbrent

There are AES/EBU via XLR, ADAT via Light Pipe, and S/PDIF via RCA. The DB25s are analog I/O, and they are configured to match the Tascam standard.

huh ? .... of course there are db25 connectors for aes on the 192. 1 for 8 in and one for 8 out.

The XLR's you mention is an additional aes I/O ... enclosed ... and can be assigned in the hardware setup to any of the 16 I/O's, in addition to what's allready assigned if you want. Most people use it to connect a standalone stereo device like a DAT, or a CDR etc ...

As for the pin diagrams. You should check those in the manuals. I know the 192 uses the most common / standard pin outs on the market and I suppose the yamaha does too. So, off the shelf AES cables with db25 connectors offered by companies like tascam should work. I know they work with the 192. Best is however you get a hold of both wiring diagrams and compare them to make 100% sure though.
Old 13th April 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:

I think he has the Digital 192 which does have 16chs of TDIF, AES and 24 chs of ADAT [16 useable] as well as 2chs AES +SPDIF.

best
Sean
Old 13th April 2005
Lives for gear

They are not .
I had a guy build 2 Dsub25pin cables to connect my MY8 AES96 (02R96) to my 192 digital I/O. (£80 a cable, u need two if u want 16 channels...but he delivered in a days notice and on a sunday...)
Old 13th April 2005
Lowdbrent
Quote:

When it first rolled out, 192s came with 8channels of analog in on DB25, 8channels of analog out on DB25. All digital I/O was via AES XLR, or S/PDIF RCA, or ADAT LP. I didn't consider other cards before I answered. Sorry.
Old 13th April 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Lambrechts
So, off the shelf AES cables with db25 connectors offered by companies like tascam should work. I know they work with the 192. Best is however you get a hold of both wiring diagrams and compare them to make 100% sure though.
The Tascam variety of AES wiring will not work going from Digi to Yamaha.

Yamaha makes both flavors of DB25 snake.
I think the prefix is "MTX" for the version that is Yam/Digi compatible.
But any Yamaha dealer can get you the correct cabling.

Best
Sean
Old 14th April 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King
The Tascam variety of AES wiring will not work going from Digi to Yamaha.
So that means that the yamaha and digi pin layouts are different. Like I said ... with db 25's it's allways best to check the layout ... digital or analog.
Old 5th October 2008
Here for the gear

Talking about the Tascam/Yamaha pinout.... I´ve just bought digisnakes Analog in/out
and AES/EBU to connect my Rosetta 800 to an Avocet .
For some reason there´s no signal in the Avocet going from Apogee in digital .
Apogee DB25 digital out is Yamaha protocol and Digis digital I think is Tascam.
Is this the cause of my problem?
Can I use the Digisanake AES/EBU in a Rosetta 800 or they aren´t compatibles.?
Thanks .
Old 6th October 2008
Lives for gear

i bought an AES yamaha DB25 pinout to AES tascam DB25 pibout cable from redco.

just specify in the "special instructions" section the details of your needs.

Last edited by ignatius; 6th October 2008 at 02:38 AM.. Reason: db25
Old 6th October 2008
Here for the gear

Thanks Ignatius but can you be specific what you connect with that Yamaha to Tascam cable?
I´m confused .
I only want to know if a Tascam AES/EBU cable (Digisnake) can be connected to a Rosetta 800 and if I do this causes no signal in my Avocet .
Thanks again.
Old 8th October 2008
Gear Nut

Apogee requires a cable to have the Yamaha pinout, while Digidesign requires the Tascam pinout, as mentioned earlier. Unless your Digi cable specifically mentions it is wired for Yamaha, which I doubt, this means it is Tascam pinout and will not work with an Apogee piece of gear.

In order for your Apogee to work, one side of the cable must be wired for Yamaha pinout.

Chris Stubbs
Redco Audio
Old 8th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukutra View Post
Thanks Ignatius but can you be specific what you connect with that Yamaha to Tascam cable?
I´m confused .
i have a lynx aurora (yamaha AES pin out) connected to an eventide H8000FW (tascam AES pinout) using a custom cable made by redco

the cable ends are both DB25 and look the same it's just wired differently.

see chris' post above
Old 6th November 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatius View Post
i have a lynx aurora (yamaha AES pin out) connected to an eventide H8000FW (tascam AES pinout) using a custom cable made by redco

the cable ends are both DB25 and look the same it's just wired differently.

see chris' post above
alva who is an RME partner makes an adapter you can put on your existing cables. just buy the correct adapter.

here is the link.

ALVA: Products
Old 8th August 2011
Here for the gear

hey mecaudio... you totally saved the day for me with that link. thanks!!! lol... you just saved me from hours of soldering.
Old 8th August 2011
Gear Maniac

Alva converter

Does anyone know where I can get this Alva converter in the Orange county area of California?

Thanks
Old 18th May 2013
Lives for gear

Help

Hi,

Concerning Yamaha digital cards, at the moment I am using 2 MY16AT cards for Adat connection between a Digidesign 192 IO Digital + 24 Bits Adat Bridge and an Yamaha 02R96.

Since Adat lightpipe does not handle 16 channels at 96kHz ( Adat Bridge is eliminated) between the 192 IO Digital and the 02R96, Should I buy the MY AE96 card or the newest MY16-AE AES-3 Digital I/O Card?

Or should I pick the MY16-TD TDIF Digital I/O Card?
Thanks
Old 18th May 2013
Lives for gear

Alecio,

you need the MY-8-AE96 to keep 8 channels at high sample rates.

The MY16-AE and MY8-AE are single speed cards and only give half the channels at high sample rates.

I have a 02R96 with 3 MY8AE96 cards and can do 24 channels at every sample rate.
Old 18th May 2013
Lives for gear

Hi, gigar.
Thanks for your reply.
I was really going to pick the MY8AE96 but yesterday I got really confused when I saw this :
Yamaha Commercial Audio Systems | Products | Digital MY Cards | MY16-AE AES-3 Digital I/O Card | US & Canada

Wouldn´t it be a better choice nowadays, since we could do a 16 IO at 44.1k-48K and 8 IO at 88.2K 96K spending just one slot?
At the moment I have 2 MY16AT ( uses just 2 slots).

Please, let me know your opinion. Seems this is their newest release.

Also, do you use your MY8AE96 with PT HD? Which interface? The 192 IO Digital?

Nice Weekend!
Old 18th May 2013
Lives for gear

Yes, but how would you connect it at the other end to work properly? I do not think you can have the 192 send (double channel mode) AES down the DB25.

It's my feeling that you just have to fill up the slots with AE96 and do away with channel-splitting headaches.

I had 2 192s sending and receiving total of 24 digital and 8 analog to my O2R96,

Last year I switched to HDIOs and it has been just fine also.

Cheers!
Old 18th May 2013
Lives for gear

Hi, gogar

Do you use the 192 IO Digital de the HDIO set as digital too?

I was imagining that the 2 192 IO Digital AES connector would be connected to these 1-8 and 9-16

Yamaha Commercial Audio Systems | Products | Digital MY Cards | MY16-AE AES-3 Digital I/O Card | US & Canada of the MY16-AE AES-3.

I will reply to you at PM too.
Old 18th May 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alécio Costa View Post
Hi, gogar

I was imagining that the 2 192 IO Digital AES connector would be connected to these 1-8 and 9-16
Yes that is correct, for 44.1 and 48.

But what happens at 88.2 and 96k? I don't think the 192 or HDIO AES outputs will support "double channel" mode. Or if it does, I cannot figure out how to do it in my "hardware setup."

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search