The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audio Technologies TMA-2 Dual-Channel Preamps
Old 31st March 2005
Gear Maniac

Audio Technologies TMA-2

Audio Technologies TMA-2...anybody heard of this preamp or, better yet, use one? A friend of mine bought one recently and I'm just wondering what he's gotten himself into.

I've never heard of it....so just curious.

BC
Old 27th June 2006
Here for the gear

I know that this is an old thread, but what did your pal think of the pre? I've just recently picked up some of the audio technologies boxes and I really love them. No one seems to know much about them.
Old 19th August 2006
Lives for gear

Are you guys talking about ATI inc?

http://www.atiguys.com

I have an ATI 800mma-2 8 channel mic pre that I got in a trade, and I haven't messed with it too much. It sounded very good when I tested it out, hopefully it'll sound good on drums!

From what I can gather, they make mostly equipment for broadcast, not so much for studio...
Old 20th August 2006
Here for the gear

I have the TMA 2 and we did a shootout between it and the Great River
on acoustic gtr and and we picked the TMA-2.
It was a bit more open. Great box.
although the GR sounded great it was just a matter of opinion at that moment
I highly recommend a listen.
peace
Steve D
www.soundspa.net
Old 24th January 2007
Here for the gear

Audio Technologies TMA-2

Greetings all,

I'm the friend referenced in the original message of this thread. The TMA-2 was the first real mic-pre I'd ever bought and I have to say that it has proven to be one of the best gear purchases I've ever made! I own one of the early 1U rack versions (I think it was one of the last of these units that Audio Technologies made) and although the new 2U versions are prettier to look at, I couldn't be more pleased with how mine has performed.

I chose the TMA-2 based on the recommendation from a good friend and audiophile who has known and/or worked with Audio Technologies' proprietor for years. I had done a lot a research into what quality preamps were available within my budget and decided to give the TMA-2 a try. Absolutely glad I did!

Note: There are two business entities in New Jersey with very similar names. One is Audio Technologies, Inc., the other is simply Audio Technologies. The latter is the manufacturer of the TMA-2. The correct URL is: www.audiotechnologies.com.

JF

www.johnfifield.com
Old 14th December 2014
Gear Addict

all of the stuff is absolutely awesome...the tubelink comp with the carnhill trans option.....you will never hear a better compressor anywhere...and he has a 8 channel pre that was soo clean and punchy that the artist noticed a difference in the sound from a session 2 years prior ...but i have a tma and its my goto vocal pre...it has that smooth creamy sound we all love
Old 15th December 2014
Gear Addict

what he said great clean/pure/quiet organic designs

Nejat Bakin is the owner/designer

732-223-0274
give him a call
Old 15th December 2014
Lives for gear

The Tma2 is my favorite mic pre out of everything I own and have ever tried... it's really astonishing. Here are the preamps I own and prefer it to on almost all occasions:

1. 1073's
2. Chandler TG2
3. Chandler Germaniums
4. Wunder PEQ1
5. Manley Dual Mono

Paired with the Audio Technologies Tubelink comp, the chain is pretty much untouchable IMO.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search