The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
stereo EQ
Old 7th August 2002
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by C.Lambrechts
jeez guys .... am I the only one around here on a budget ......
Nope, me too. That's why I think Michael should give me that discolored Massive Passive and get a good one.
Old 7th August 2002
High End Moderator

Quote:
jeez guys .... am I the only one around here on a budget ......
No, but fixing the roof can wait until it rains againheh heh heh
Old 7th August 2002
There is only one

Quote:
Originally posted by recorderman

the point being that MW is looking for a new stereo buss eq...and that reccomendation goes a long way. It's common to bash people at the top....most of you only know him as an album credit. I have been lucky enough to work with both JJP and our grand moderator MW. Both are excellant.
getting a little defensive on that comment... the SAME comment i would of made about that super hardon room jjp has got.

im bringing my truck next time i go see michael that vipre is going to be heavy metal man. MW is an excellent dude. arent enough nice words in the english language.
Old 7th August 2002
Jax
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by mwagener
One question: the unit I got is purple metallic. I've never seen one in purple just brushed aluminum. Is this an option? Looks cool though, kinda mean.
Michael,

The versions of the Massive Passive that were released with faceplates sporting purple, green, orange, or black with white engraving (like a negative of the real units) are all equipped with a digital user-error prevention chip.

What happens is, if you somehow manage to botch the sound coming through the unit at any time, a packet of dye explodes and you will wear that color for awhile, as a reminder that you have one of the most colored eq's ever created.rollz

It's very hard to activate the error chip, though.
Old 7th August 2002
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by mwagener

No, but fixing the roof can wait until it rains againheh heh heh

Ever been to Belgium ??? dfegad dfegad rain all the time ..... only London is worse .... grudge
Old 8th August 2002
High End Moderator

Quote:

Ever been to Belgium ??? dfegad dfegad rain all the time ..... only London is worse .... grudge
grew up 35 miles from Cologne. German weather stinks, one reason I had to leave heh heh heh
Old 8th August 2002

You guys are slow. We changed our official color back in January.

It is the same anodise color actually as the old one (it's called "pewter grey"), but just left in the dye tank for 3 minutes instead of 30 seconds. Seems that our anodisers had been trying to save a little time over the years and our color kept getting more and more like no color as they would decrease the dye tank time. It's funny how we used to get this deeper color 12 years ago and it slooooooowly got less colorful over the years. I like the original deeper purple-y blue color more than no color so that's where we're at now.

Most everything we build has run new metalwork (several times) this year, so it is pretty safe to say that all Manley gear has the deeper darker color now (with light grey silkscreen) for the mother plates, with engraved black anodize inlaid inserts as before.

And now you know!
Old 8th August 2002
High End Moderator

Thanx for the info EveAnna, I think it looks great and it sounds amazing.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search