The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Neve 5316 Console
Old 29th March 2005
Gear Maniac

Neve 5316 Console

Hey y'all,

Just looking for opinions on this console. Has anyone here tracked and/or mixed with one? Any thoughts would be much appreciated...Cheers -- JB
Old 24th November 2005
Gear Head

5316 question

Awesome board. Great pres. Musical EQ.
Needs care and maintenance for sustained use. It likes being used alot.
Have you owned an old analog board before?
Dan@notable.com
Old 24th November 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb_studio
Hey y'all,

Just looking for opinions on this console. Has anyone here tracked and/or mixed with one? Any thoughts would be much appreciated...Cheers -- JB
Hi

I can't say that I've tracked or mixed on them but I did build some at Neve. One of my favourite consoles because you can pack 36 channels, 8 busses, and a bunch of 33314 lim comps into a pretty small format.

I built a 36 channel model that was bristling with every option you can imagine for Scottish TV that was later sold and shipped to the USA.

Also, I worked on one that I sold to the Catholic Broadcast organisation at Glasgow Cathedral. I have happy memories of a crew of us lifting it up about five floors of stairs to get it to the control room!

I have no idea what happened to that one... it was another 36-8

Old 24th November 2005
Lives for gear

I have worked with a smaller 53 series desk. Lovely preamps/EQs. Highest quality. I don´t think it needs that much maintenance. They don´t run so hot so need for frequent recapping etc.

I think if you recap it once, clean the contacts and switches etc, you will have a problem free and great console for many years to come. How many channels are the one you are looking at?
Old 3rd December 2005
Gear Maniac

Hey guys,

Wow, this is such an old thread...I didn't expect to ever see it return! I was very, very seriously considering a 36 channel 5316 for a while, but I ultimately decided against it. They are indeed wonderful consoles (the 33114 EQ is a thing of beauty), but I wanted something...well, simpler. I was looking for a great, sixteen input tracking console, with a few extra channels for mixdown...something to be the cornerstone of my new studio...

So I decided to get an 8014. I'm very excited about it...I'm in the process of installing it now, so I'll let you know how it goes. Cheers -- JB
Old 4th December 2005
Lives for gear

Nice! Post some pics when you have everything up & running.

Old 4th December 2005
Lives for gear
Contact Long-Live-Analog. I believe he has had one of these.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search