The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Diezel amps?
Old 19th March 2003
Lives for gear

Sweet, dude. If I ever had a need for a big crazy guitar rig, Diezel is where I'd start looking. I'm just fortunate that I don't hehe.
Old 22nd March 2003
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Tholen
well , I got my Diezel. HOLY FUCK...truely inspiring, forgiving, punchy as hell, tighter than a gnats ass...and so on.
you just don't know how great sounding this amp is until you hear it.
I mic'ed it with a Coles 4038 through a 1073 and off to TAPE.
combined with a few rectifier trax and you've got hell on earth.
Mike,

I Tooooooooooold You!!!!!!

No Rectifier needed for me.

I have a Channel that Destroys it in mine.

Please Note "Level 2" of my websites are arriving at a new URL.

My Radio Station is done being tested, and a Famous DJ with access to OUR new music is about to come on live.

My Watchmaking Section is almost complete too.

Let me know what you guys think, as it hits and Expands this week everybody?????

Diezel questions I'll answer right here on Jules Boards .

Have any????

Over and Out,
Daniel Spitz
www.spitzcity.com
"The ONLY four time Grammy Nominated,
Swiss Certified Watchmaker in the World"
Old 25th March 2003
Gear Maniac

Hmm...just browsing, thought I'd chime in - Off topic, but ON too.

I have to disagree with all of the Tool haters. Their talent and creativity is miles above 99% of modern music - that is undeniable. Linkin Park or No Doubt's (etc) next song is always just regurgitated, pre-packaged consumerist pop poo. They are SELLING a trend, a lifestyle. Half the bands don't write the own songs (hell, L. Park's singer was found FOR the band after they already got signed...WHY was the band itself signed? talent? uhhh...) and the other half spend about 5 seconds writing. I honestly can't figure out what the hell goes on in mainstream music writing sessions:

"Hey, i've got an idea for a new song man!"

"Cool, lets hear it!"

"Well it goes like this....(powerchord powerchord powerchord, repeat exact guitar line of the last 10 year's worth of radio hits, powerchord, solo, powerchord powerchord)"

And of course the ever impressive "bass players" always chime in with the uber-creative:

"Whoa! That's awesome! I'll do this! (root note, root note, root note)"

And let us not forget the Grammy award winning drummers who, in their absolute genius, respond:

"HEEEYYYYY...I'm feelin that! Lemme try this hat-bass-snare combo beat I've been working on for the last 30 songs! (bass, snare, bass, snare, bass, snare) Did I mention I'm endorsed, can get any gear I like for free, and live in a mansion all because of my BASS, SNARE, BASS, SNARE, BOR, ING, BOR, ING skills that a 12 year old could easily learn?"

And then to top it off the singer adds some poetic words about one of the following: his girlfriend leaving him, him being angry, being picked on/unpopular in highschool, or if all else fails - he just sings about how good of a singer he is.
-----------------------------

Now come on...that's so far beyond "music" it makes me want to vomit. Tool has a message, a wholesome lyrical barrage if you will. The bonus is that it is built upon the amazing ground of Danny's drums (polyrhythms aside, he is an AMAZING drummer). I could watch Terry Bozio for about 5 minutes before boring of the "I'm a god and have independent time control of both arms, legs, and my penis" theatrics - Danny keeps it musical and fun. Add to that the complete atmosphere Adam Jones creates...No, he is not at all a virtuosic guitar player (at least by what he shows), but I think the layered fields of sound are better (creatively, emotionally) than hearing Vai wank for 10 minutes any day (don't think I'm saying Vai has no emotion or is totally uncreative). I've never cared intensely for the bass playing of Tool, but Chamerlain improved massively between Aenima and Lateralus (kudos). He is a very subtle player, and hearing his inflections is very difficult if you are all but completely baked off your ass. =\

Speaking of improvement - listen to Opiate, Underdow, Aenima, Salival, and Lateralus in succession at some point. JESUS. This is one of the VERY VERY VERY VERY ***VERY*** few bands who are actually getting BETTER. Opinion and preference aside, in a purely technical and song writing aspect they are miles above their Opiate days. Everybody in the band is doing what they do in a whole new way now. Tool's sound has changed and remained "current" without being at all related to the schlock that is "current music."

I DO have to agree with the repetetiveness of the sound...the "Tool groove" (very brooding, lots of phrygian, Adam/Justin are ALWAYS playing Root, Root+1/2, Root-1 riffs, Danny has a tendency to do simliar tom fills, etc) is swiftly becoming overplayed...but its kind of an Achilles heel. If they DIDN'T have that sound then Tool would not have its feel at all. All of the old Star Wars movies were the same friggin thing, but I don't hear many people complain =p

So that's that. Had to jump in and defend, sorry...I just think the proper credit should be given. I don't believe anything remotely delicious could be formed from their feces, but there music is a creative force pushing the boundaries of - ART.

P.S. - Dream Theatre is technically amazing, but I never got completely in to them as I found they lacked solid songwriting (and the singer doesn't even write the lyrics 90% of the time). "Once in a Live Time" has some fucking incredible moments, and Petrucci is a diety of guitar (let us not even mention Portnoy's talent)...but the whole feel is too sterile and 80's wankfest feeling. Plus guitar diety's are a dime a dozen (check of Francesco Fareri sometime...hell, check it out NOW. This is is wanking to a new level...and boggles my mind in many ways:

http://www.chopsfromhell.com/fareri_FF1sample.rm

Along the lines of bands pushing creative boundaries I would have to recommend:

The Dillinger Escape Plan - Fastest, heaviest band you'll ever hear...and heavy WITHOUT powerchords and drop tunings. Pure talent from everyone in the band. YOUNG too. Controlled choas. I recommend downloading the songs "43% Burnt" and "Clip the Apex"...both are from the amazing - **AMAZING** - album "Calculating Infinity." This is definitely a *NEW* style of music, with talent to back. If you don't get it (just sounds loud, fast, and possibly messy) you aren't listening hard enough - trust me, and give it a few tries. The meters involved in Dillinger are absolutely ridiculus, and they get my vote for best live show. I've never seen so much energy in my life (more than a friggin riot)...and the guitarists/singer play on top of the crowd a whole lot (while speedpicking and doing sweeps...no thats not solos either, the riffs are made up of that kinda shit). Did a side project with Mike Patton earlier this year - "Irony is a Dead Scene" 4 song EP. AMAZING as well.

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum - From the Bay Area, members of Idiot Flesh and a whole lot of other bands. I'm at a loss to explain. Nursery Rhymes meets Tribal/Rock beats meets scary shit. An arsenal of self made instruments (electric spatula!) and an uncanny ability to actually USE them with talent. This band has WAY TOO FEW fans for how amazing they are (and their cd is recorded friggin awesomely, kudos). Check out "Sleep is Wrong", "1997", and "Sleeptyime". Hell check out the whole album...my vote for best live show again (yes, I voted TWICE damnit). Absolutely amazing theatrics without stupidity and lightfests. Hey some of you are from Bay area...anybody know who recorded this album? Tell them hello and THANK YOU please. Its hard to grasp the overall "feel" of what they are about without seeing them live though...

Dredg - Eh, if you aren't a fan then go to hell. =p Not as technically challenging as this posts worth of bands, but getting there. Amazing vox, amazing songwriting, amazing rhythmic dances between guitar/bass/drums. A bit "prettier" for you old folks. =D Check out the entire "El Cielo" Cd. Recorded at Skywalker Ranch - and it SHOWS. My vote for one of the best recorded albums of the past year. Someone listen to them on some nice mains and let me know what method you use to clean your pants.

Also worth noting (but I'm too tired and the post is getting long so I won't go into detail):

At the Drive-in, Mars Volta, Squarepusher, and for the love of god listen to some Mr. Bungle if you haven't already today. A healthy dose of King Crimson is an acceptable replacement for any of the aforementioned bands in this post...for now.

You engineers need to hear some new/different music. Now GO. GO DAMN YOU! That is all.
Old 25th March 2003
Here for the gear

I extend my added recommendation to bolster Heterodox's.

If I may be so bold to add to my esteemed colleague's list of mind-challenging modern music:

Cave In, Sigur Ros, Refused, Desaparecidos, the Dirty Three, Don Cabellero, and And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead...not all of them "technically challenging," but all of them are a "rollicking" good, yet sober, time in these tough times of artistic blackout.

And BattleAngel...big up to the Godspeed You! Black Emporer...their new album Yanqui UXO kicks.

Peace.
Old 25th March 2003
Lives for gear

Heterodox,

I've been a big fan of Dredg since day one and I'm glad to hear them mentioned. I totally agree about El Cielo. I'd like to know how the fuck they got the budget for that recording!! I'll take them over Tool any day of the week.

I have to disagree with your assertions about Tool. I'll try to do this in an orderly fashion:

"Tool has a message, a wholesome lyrical barrage if you will."

I'm not sure I think the idea that "people have become so desensitized to violence and sex that I can talk about how I need to fist your ass or have my ass fisted in order to feel anything at all" is a wholesome lyrical message. Or that asserting that LA is a festering hole of "millions of dumb founded dip shits" does anything to promote positive change. Bashing on stupid kids who call bands a sell out because they become successful is fun, but I'd be hard stretched to find anything wholesome or positive about "Hooker with a Penis."

I'd be hard pressed to find anything in the pre-lateralus lyrics that was positive. I think most of what Maynard has to say is self serving horse shit. A guy's got a right to speak his mind in his music, certainly, but I find absolutely no "hope" in any Tool song. "The Wall" is a very dark album but there are moments of calm and beauty, a chance that even in this shitty world, there is some sort of hope. "The Fragile" another EXTREMELY dark album has the same thing. I don't hear that on any noticable scale in any of Tool's material thus far.

"The bonus is that it is built upon the amazing ground of Danny's drums (polyrhythms aside, he is an AMAZING drummer)."

I agree that he's an amazing drummer... but the fact that it is "built upon" him is just the same thing you say you don't like in the first part of the message! Danny goes "listen to this awesome drum part!" Adam goes "sweet, I'll do this creepy droning thing here" and Justin goes "I'll play this cool thing that ties the song together, basically the same riff over and over and over until you have no choice but to remember it." Better, but not too different from what you claimed was 'far from music.'

"I could watch Terry Bozio for about 5 minutes before boring of the "I'm a god and have independent time control of both arms, legs, and my penis" theatrics - Danny keeps it musical and fun."

They're similar drummers. You can't listen to Bozio because he doesn't have the other guys helping him out. Take tool away from Danny Carey and tell me how long you can listen to a total solo project from him- I bet Bozio's work is at least as interesting.

listen to Opiate, Underdow, Aenima, Salival, and Lateralus in succession at some point. JESUS. This is one of the VERY...few bands who are actually getting BETTER..., in a purely technical and song writing aspect they are miles above their Opiate days.

I disagree. There is far less coherant song writing on Lateralus than on Aenima or Undertow. I'll give a kudos to Schism for having a real 'hook,' but if you want to talk about technical song writing, I don't think it's all there on Lateralus. I absolutely love "The Grudge," "The Patient," "Parabol/Porabola," and "Lateralus" but the other songs are barely even coherant. And if "Ticks and Leaches" doesn't sound like something rehashed from the Opiate/Undertow days, I don't know what does.

but there music is a creative force pushing the boundaries of - ART.

I think they could be taking a lot more risks than they are. They're obviously massively talented, so why not ACTUALLY experiment?

Dream Theatre is technically amazing, but I never got completely in to them as I found they lacked solid songwriting (and the singer doesn't even write the lyrics 90% of the time).

Listen to "Voices," or "A Change of Seasons." Those two songs rank up their with the best epic rock music ever made. The song writing on A Change of Seasons, as well as the playing (which is never over the top on that track) and production will blow your mind. And who cares if the singer doesn't even write the lyrics? Maynard didn't even write all of his own parts for A Perfect Circle. =P

As far as everything else in your post, you're dead on imho!
Old 26th March 2003
Gear Maniac

Ugggg...I can't believe you mentioned Trail of the Dead Curtis...I thought you hated them?
--------------------------------

That being said...

BattleAngel: I have to comb through all your responses now too. =] I wonder if we keep doing this can we eventually get down to having nothing left to agree or disagree on? That'd be fun, and mentally stimulating. Ok where to start...

About the lyrics - I agree somewhat. I think "wholesome" was probably a big bad word to use. You're right that there was virtually no love on the paintbrush of Maynard's voice before Lateralus (maybe he's getting old and less angry?), but I disagree with how much weight you give (or don't give) them. The fist up your ass thing was an awesome metaphor (and nothing more...was not meant to be taken literally) for desensitization - and I think that is one of Maynards key strengths: metaphors. I hate when lyrics are about absolutely nothing of relavence, and I hate it even more when its simply said word for word like stereo instructions. Actually I think I'd say Maynards delivery and structuring of his writing/metaphors is what foremost makes him a great lyricist (until lateralus).

Hooker with a Penis is the one song I resent being a fan of Tool for. It screams complete asshole. Maynard seems to have this complex of wanting to berate people if they don't dig deep enough into the music to get the "message"...but he likes to equally berate those who would fall in love with it. "Love me please, and when you do, I'll hate you." Not very nice to treat those who pay for your mansion in such a way.

I agree that he's an amazing drummer... but the fact that it is "built upon" him is just the same thing you say you don't like in the first part of the message!

Heh...true, true. I understand where you're coming from on that, but I think Adam and Justin's writing is a bit more advanced than Blink 182's or 3 Doors Down. A little heavy on the powerchords for me at times, but the single note runs are really enjoyable to me. Also the effects use is very important. Justin makes great use of the whammy on bass (Pushit live from Salival?).

They're similar drummers. You can't listen to Bozio because he doesn't have the other guys helping him out. Take tool away from Danny Carey and tell me how long you can listen to a total solo project from him- I bet Bozio's work is at least as interesting.

Ok ok, you got me on that. =p Using a solo drummer for comparison was about as smart as shoving my head straight up my ass...which is where I'll be pulling it out from in a moment - after I get my foot out of my mouth.

I absolutely love "The Grudge," "The Patient," "Parabol/Porabola," and "Lateralus" but the other songs are barely even coherant.

Those are the core songs of the album! I think those represent the real songwriting of them...Though I am getting weary of the "Lets have 13 TRACKS on an album, and only 7 will be real songs." Mudvayne did that with LD50 (amazing, groundbreaking album IMHO...but they suck ass now, sellouts =[ ) and its cool for mood when listening through the whole album...but it just gets annoying the 20th time through. I have to say I do like Ticks & Leeches at times though...very visceral, great screaming, touching breakdown. Hey I'll admit it, I've teared up during the crescendo multiple times...fucking suck me dry man...(wipes away loose eye-water). I also enjoy Disposition on lonely drives at night...puts the world in perspective. Schism sucks to me...they play off the bass riff wayyyyy too much...seems like they geared the song for the radio, and I hate that. I'll say that I think their songwriting has improved, but their album composition is kinda shitty.

I think they could be taking a lot more risks than they are. They're obviously massively talented, so why not ACTUALLY experiment?

100% agreeance. That could possibly have something to do with the production side of things, which IMHO shouldn't even exist (in the manner of suggesting/telling them what to play)...but I'm not in the band so I don't know. But something tells me if Tool said "I want to fucking do THIS"...they could. So really there's no excuses.

Dream Theatre...
I think its more note choice than anything that bothers me about them. I'm just really not a fan of the epic stuff...makes me feel like I'm on a viking ship sailing into battle or something - kinda goofy. It can get out of hand quickly and before you know it you've got Tales from the North by White Skull (download it from Kazaa, funny stuff...the singer is a girl though, hard to believe). I've got my funny "epic, going to war" dance...maybe I'll show you sometime. =] I'm listening to A Change of Seasons right now...gotta say I forgot how good Dream Theatre actually is anyhow. I think this is the point when its just taste as everyone says about high-end gear around here. I just wish DT would cram all of their amazing mind-fuck riffs back to back rather than watering it down with forgetable runs in between. I'm actually a small fan of Liquid Tension Experiment because I think they essentially did that.

Maynard didn't even write all of his own parts for A Perfect Circle. =P

Yeah and he was totally unneeded in the band. Have you heard the acoustic version of Orestes (kazaa)? Billy is an AMAZING singer. Don't get me wrong...I love Maynard's contribution to the band, but I would buy the cd again for twice as much just to hear it with all Howerdel's vox (and Maynard is one of my favorite singers...sharing the space with Gavin of Dredg and Cedric of ATDI/Mars Volta).

And I'm spent!

Hey Battle do me a favor: go out tommorrow and please buy "Calculating Infinity" by The Dillinger Escape Plan. You NEED to hear the entire album. If you aren't completely blown away I will send you a refund on paypal!
Old 26th March 2003
Lives for gear

Hetero,

Got that album and I love it. Great tone, great playing, great writing.

I think we pretty much agree on all the points mentioned, and it's at that "it's a matter of taste" point.

I *MUST* have that Billy Howerdel track now!!!
Old 26th March 2003
Lives for gear

just heard it.... you're right, Maynard is totally unnecessary. The only reason he must have been involved is to sell records =P That sucks, Billy Howerdel's singing was a lot more gut wrenching.
Old 26th March 2003
Lives for gear

Have you heard Troy's demo for The Hollow? Really really cool.
Old 26th March 2003
Gear Maniac

Gut wrenching = agreed. The layering is awesome.

Where can I find the Troy demo? I looked all over...
Old 26th March 2003
Lives for gear

I got it on Kaaza. You can IM me for it (obsidiansw)
Old 26th April 2007
Gear Nut

I have tested many amps as I only produce rock and metal bands and I can say only my opinion:

REALLY I don´t like Diezel Amps I find its sound very compressed to my ears just the opposite of Mesa and its bombing sound.
I don´t like Engls
One of the best in classic rock is Mashall JCM 800 (probably the best)
I like mesas for rock and nu metal big sound but not for metal or metalcore sound.
I find that the metalcore amp is the 5150 (with some modifications better).
(I haven´t tested krank stuff)
I like soldano hot rod for classic 80´s heavy metal sound

This is only talking about saturation sounds

best regards
Old 26th April 2007
Lives for gear

I use Deizel all the time. I love them. The VH4S is the ultimate swiss army knife of tube guitar amps. Brilliant. I wouldn't trade it for all the tea in China.
Old 26th April 2007
Lives for gear

Im chiming in. I was never a tool fan until I saw them at ozzfest in Holland in 2002. After that I kind of think of them as the new Led Zep. This is coming from somebody who is not really a fan of that genre anymore. Absolutely impressive band that night and mopped the floor with all other contenders. They had the progressive rock stun that happens when you see a good band like that and everyone is stunned for about five seconds after the song is done before they begin cheering madly.

Really a great experience.

They are probably the only prog rock band that I will listen too. I despise dream theater, rush, triumph, king crimson, all those bands which are great but just dont have it for me. Last I heard from Terry Bozziohe was touring drum stores playing drum clinics with his mega massive every tom-tuned-to-a-note super dork setup which is completely the opposite way that I lean.

I dunno. I liked Zappa.

Some of those bands are just a 'talent attack' and I have no time for their pendantic points about why/how they rock. Yet they work for alot of other people.
Old 26th April 2007
Here for the gear

amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heterodox View Post
Hmm...just browsing, thought I'd chime in - Off topic, but ON too.

I have to disagree with all of the Tool haters. Their talent and creativity is miles above 99% of modern music - that is undeniable. Linkin Park or No Doubt's (etc) next song is always just regurgitated, pre-packaged consumerist pop poo. They are SELLING a trend, a lifestyle. Half the bands don't write the own songs (hell, L. Park's singer was found FOR the band after they already got signed...WHY was the band itself signed? talent? uhhh...) and the other half spend about 5 seconds writing. I honestly can't figure out what the hell goes on in mainstream music writing sessions:

"Hey, i've got an idea for a new song man!"

"Cool, lets hear it!"

"Well it goes like this....(powerchord powerchord powerchord, repeat exact guitar line of the last 10 year's worth of radio hits, powerchord, solo, powerchord powerchord)"

And of course the ever impressive "bass players" always chime in with the uber-creative:

"Whoa! That's awesome! I'll do this! (root note, root note, root note)"

And let us not forget the Grammy award winning drummers who, in their absolute genius, respond:

"HEEEYYYYY...I'm feelin that! Lemme try this hat-bass-snare combo beat I've been working on for the last 30 songs! (bass, snare, bass, snare, bass, snare) Did I mention I'm endorsed, can get any gear I like for free, and live in a mansion all because of my BASS, SNARE, BASS, SNARE, BOR, ING, BOR, ING skills that a 12 year old could easily learn?"

And then to top it off the singer adds some poetic words about one of the following: his girlfriend leaving him, him being angry, being picked on/unpopular in highschool, or if all else fails - he just sings about how good of a singer he is.
-----------------------------

Now come on...that's so far beyond "music" it makes me want to vomit. Tool has a message, a wholesome lyrical barrage if you will. The bonus is that it is built upon the amazing ground of Danny's drums (polyrhythms aside, he is an AMAZING drummer). I could watch Terry Bozio for about 5 minutes before boring of the "I'm a god and have independent time control of both arms, legs, and my penis" theatrics - Danny keeps it musical and fun. Add to that the complete atmosphere Adam Jones creates...No, he is not at all a virtuosic guitar player (at least by what he shows), but I think the layered fields of sound are better (creatively, emotionally) than hearing Vai wank for 10 minutes any day (don't think I'm saying Vai has no emotion or is totally uncreative). I've never cared intensely for the bass playing of Tool, but Chamerlain improved massively between Aenima and Lateralus (kudos). He is a very subtle player, and hearing his inflections is very difficult if you are all but completely baked off your ass. =\

Speaking of improvement - listen to Opiate, Underdow, Aenima, Salival, and Lateralus in succession at some point. JESUS. This is one of the VERY VERY VERY VERY ***VERY*** few bands who are actually getting BETTER. Opinion and preference aside, in a purely technical and song writing aspect they are miles above their Opiate days. Everybody in the band is doing what they do in a whole new way now. Tool's sound has changed and remained "current" without being at all related to the schlock that is "current music."

I DO have to agree with the repetetiveness of the sound...the "Tool groove" (very brooding, lots of phrygian, Adam/Justin are ALWAYS playing Root, Root+1/2, Root-1 riffs, Danny has a tendency to do simliar tom fills, etc) is swiftly becoming overplayed...but its kind of an Achilles heel. If they DIDN'T have that sound then Tool would not have its feel at all. All of the old Star Wars movies were the same friggin thing, but I don't hear many people complain =p

So that's that. Had to jump in and defend, sorry...I just think the proper credit should be given. I don't believe anything remotely delicious could be formed from their feces, but there music is a creative force pushing the boundaries of - ART.

P.S. - Dream Theatre is technically amazing, but I never got completely in to them as I found they lacked solid songwriting (and the singer doesn't even write the lyrics 90% of the time). "Once in a Live Time" has some ****ing incredible moments, and Petrucci is a diety of guitar (let us not even mention Portnoy's talent)...but the whole feel is too sterile and 80's wankfest feeling. Plus guitar diety's are a dime a dozen (check of Francesco Fareri sometime...hell, check it out NOW. This is is wanking to a new level...and boggles my mind in many ways:

http://www.chopsfromhell.com/fareri_FF1sample.rm

Along the lines of bands pushing creative boundaries I would have to recommend:

The Dillinger Escape Plan - Fastest, heaviest band you'll ever hear...and heavy WITHOUT powerchords and drop tunings. Pure talent from everyone in the band. YOUNG too. Controlled choas. I recommend downloading the songs "43% Burnt" and "Clip the Apex"...both are from the amazing - **AMAZING** - album "Calculating Infinity." This is definitely a *NEW* style of music, with talent to back. If you don't get it (just sounds loud, fast, and possibly messy) you aren't listening hard enough - trust me, and give it a few tries. The meters involved in Dillinger are absolutely ridiculus, and they get my vote for best live show. I've never seen so much energy in my life (more than a friggin riot)...and the guitarists/singer play on top of the crowd a whole lot (while speedpicking and doing sweeps...no thats not solos either, the riffs are made up of that kinda shit). Did a side project with Mike Patton earlier this year - "Irony is a Dead Scene" 4 song EP. AMAZING as well.

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum - From the Bay Area, members of Idiot Flesh and a whole lot of other bands. I'm at a loss to explain. Nursery Rhymes meets Tribal/Rock beats meets scary shit. An arsenal of self made instruments (electric spatula!) and an uncanny ability to actually USE them with talent. This band has WAY TOO FEW fans for how amazing they are (and their cd is recorded friggin awesomely, kudos). Check out "Sleep is Wrong", "1997", and "Sleeptyime". Hell check out the whole album...my vote for best live show again (yes, I voted TWICE damnit). Absolutely amazing theatrics without stupidity and lightfests. Hey some of you are from Bay area...anybody know who recorded this album? Tell them hello and THANK YOU please. Its hard to grasp the overall "feel" of what they are about without seeing them live though...

Dredg - Eh, if you aren't a fan then go to hell. =p Not as technically challenging as this posts worth of bands, but getting there. Amazing vox, amazing songwriting, amazing rhythmic dances between guitar/bass/drums. A bit "prettier" for you old folks. =D Check out the entire "El Cielo" Cd. Recorded at Skywalker Ranch - and it SHOWS. My vote for one of the best recorded albums of the past year. Someone listen to them on some nice mains and let me know what method you use to clean your pants.

Also worth noting (but I'm too tired and the post is getting long so I won't go into detail):

At the Drive-in, Mars Volta, Squarepusher, and for the love of god listen to some Mr. Bungle if you haven't already today. A healthy dose of King Crimson is an acceptable replacement for any of the aforementioned bands in this post...for now.

You engineers need to hear some new/different music. Now GO. GO DAMN YOU! That is all.
if writing songs and winning grammies and becoming rich is so easy? i'm curious why you haven't done it?
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear