The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
All-star project idea for forum members? Condenser Microphones
Old 19th August 2008
  #1
Lives for gear
 
Flying_Dutchman's Avatar
 

All-star project idea for forum members?

What do you think of doing a forum member compilation ?

I mean here are so many great musicians, producers, engineers.

Why not to get our ideas and strength together and create something?

Are you with me?

(Post edited by GS admin - please don't promote any project using the forums name without asking permission first. Forum member compilations tend to be very labor intensive and take a very long time to put together. GS Admin and moderators would have to know everything about it before approving it. Thanks)
Old 19th August 2008
  #2
Lives for gear
 
IntenseJim's Avatar
 

I think I see some folks walking the plank in your avatar.



OK, I'm in.

Guitar and bass tracks.
Intense metal drumming I can get for you.
Old 19th August 2008
  #3
Lives for gear
 
dhiltonlittle's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman View Post
What do you think of doing a gearslutz compilation ?

I mean here are so many great musicians, producers, engineers.

Why not to get our ideas and strength together and create something?

Are you with me?

something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7eqxg92YG0
Old 19th August 2008
  #4
Gear Addict
 
Beechwood's Avatar
 

Kind of like an engineer version of toto...
Old 19th August 2008
  #5
Lives for gear
 
peeder's Avatar
 

I'm not an all-star at anything other than stirring the pot at GS, but I will contribute whatever...
Old 19th August 2008
  #6
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiltonlittle View Post
dear god.
Old 19th August 2008
  #7
Lives for gear
 
chrispick's Avatar
 

I call tambourine!
Old 19th August 2008
  #8
Gear Nut
 
tyro's Avatar
 

sign me up for cowbell!
Old 19th August 2008
  #9
Lives for gear
 
IntenseJim's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeder View Post
I'm not an all-star at anything other than stirring the pot at GS, but I will contribute whatever...
You should be the Focal point of the project




Old 19th August 2008
  #10
Lives for gear
 
peeder's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntenseJim View Post
You should be the Focal point of the project




They actually wrote me a PM earlier today screeching at me, wondering if I had some agenda or was on someone's payroll.

Hysterical paranoiacs. tutt
Old 19th August 2008
  #11
Lives for gear
 
IntenseJim's Avatar
 

They are not paranoid. In fact, it's the opposite. The actually believe that people like their monitors.










(joke)
Old 20th August 2008
  #12
500 series nutjob
 
pan60's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeder View Post
I'm not an all-star at anything other than stirring the pot at GS, but I will contribute whatever...
no ****
and though you admit that is you agenda still you are not ban?
good thing you do not visit the forums i moderate, as i would not tolerate your two year old behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeder View Post
They actually wrote me a PM earlier today screeching at me, wondering if I had some agenda or was on someone's payroll.

Hysterical paranoiacs. tutt

i would simple ban you and be done.
but i guess, and i quote;
Quote:
stirring the pot at GS,
is acceptable behavior.
Old 20th August 2008
  #13
Gear Addict
 
leebridges's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan60 View Post
no ****
and though you admit that is you agenda still you are not ban?
good thing you do not visit the forums i moderate, as i would not tolerate your two year old behavior.




i would simple ban you and be done.
but i guess, and i quote;

is acceptable behavior.

wow.
Old 20th August 2008
  #14
High End Moderator
 
mwagener's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiltonlittle View Post
Jeez, I worked with half the people in that video, I'm getting old...
Old 20th August 2008
  #15
Gear Addict
 
alyricalmind's Avatar
 

Your idea is too vague. Elaborate a little.
Old 20th August 2008
  #16
Gear Addict
 
confooshus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiltonlittle View Post
Man on that first line when he says "who cries for the children", that note on "chill-DREN" is FLAAAATTTTTTT... It makes me cringe.
Old 20th August 2008
  #17
Lives for gear
 
nukmusic's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwagener View Post
Jeez, I worked with half the people in that video, I'm getting old...
my grandpa was old..but he was also wise. heh
Old 20th August 2008
  #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman View Post
What do you think of doing a forum member compilation ?

I mean here are so many great musicians, producers, engineers.

Why not to get our ideas and strength together and create something?

Are you with me?

(Post edited by GS admin - please don't promote any project using the forums name without asking permission first. Forum member compilations tend to be very labor intensive and take a very long time to put together. GS Admin and moderators would have to know everything about it before approving it. Thanks)
Old 20th August 2008
  #19
Lives for gear
 
whitepapagold's Avatar
 

Cue noise at end of Pac-man...
Old 20th August 2008
  #20
Lives for gear
 
Flying_Dutchman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Sorry, i didn´t know that.
Old 20th August 2008
  #21
Lives for gear
 
jchadstopherhuez's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark714 View Post
dear god.
mark,

come on......how can you not LOVE a song with a guitar solo that starts at 2:21 and ENDS at 5:06 !!!

that is NEARLY 3 SOLID minutes of pure shredding bliss !!!

heh

that was the BEST thing i have seen in ages !! almost as good as yacht rock !!

back on topic......if there were to be a forum member compilation...would it be a ITB deal...or would it all be done with a toft board ? what converters would we all use ? would gear purchased at guitar center be allowed ? if you did not monitor on focal or adams...would your contribution be allowed ?


just curious.


sorry...could not resist....heh


best,

jchristopherhughes
Old 20th August 2008
  #22
Lives for gear
 
whitepapagold's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixman499 View Post
or would it all be done with a toft board ?
I say 36 pacificas all strapped together.... Oh and a Dramastic Obsidian on the 2 bus just so Fletcher doesnt feel left out.
Old 20th August 2008
  #23
Lives for gear
 
dhiltonlittle's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepapagold View Post
I say 36 pacificas all strapped together.... Oh and a Dramastic Obsidian on the 2 bus just so Fletcher doesnt feel left out.
will there be a 2247le or tm1 used?heh
Old 20th August 2008
  #24
Lives for gear
 
Flying_Dutchman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiltonlittle View Post
Great link,thanks.
I didn´t know this video.
Old 20th August 2008
  #25
Lives for gear
 
Flying_Dutchman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyricalmind View Post
Your idea is too vague. Elaborate a little.
I just was in a beer mood yersterday night and had this idea.
Maybe i shouldn´t have named it All-Star...
I just wanted to ask if some people here are interested in a world wide music project.
I play guitar, we got tambourine and cowbell, we need bass, drums, etc.
Everybody could join this. Just for fun.
Old 20th August 2008
  #26
Lives for gear
 
Flying_Dutchman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntenseJim View Post
I think I see some folks walking the plank in your avatar.



OK, I'm in.

Guitar and bass tracks.
Intense metal drumming I can get for you.
Please explain this
Old 20th August 2008
  #27
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntenseJim View Post
I think I see some folks walking the plank in your avatar.



OK, I'm in.

Guitar and bass tracks.
Intense metal drumming I can get for you.
the wordsTeach Edward come to mind
abstract thought

could be interesting
Pete
Old 20th August 2008
  #28
Gear Maniac
 

Are you talking about an entire album? Are these tracks going to have vox?

We could go through and assign say four or five people per track. Divide the tracks up into different genres, etc. Just a thought.

I can offer vox, el guitar, bass, pads, etc.
Old 20th August 2008
  #29
Lives for gear
 
peeder's Avatar
 

Looks like the management duddnt wanna be associated with us riffraffs.
Old 26th August 2008
  #30
Gear Guru
 
Kenny Gioia's Avatar
 

I think we'd need more member interest.

How about making it a charity christmas album. All sales go to something?

Families with children who have cancer?

My good friend is losing weight for that one.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Umlaaat / So Much Gear, So Little Time
62
Riad / Gear free zone - shoot the breeze
27
megahurt / Mastering Forum
59
Alécio Costa / Music Computers
3

Forum Jump
Forum Jump