The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A Designs Pacifica Dual-Channel Preamps
Old 8th September 2008
  #181
Lives for gear
 

Quad 8's Rock. Even in today's music.

“It's Not Over” | Daughtry, by Strother Bullins
Old 8th September 2008
  #182
Gear Guru
 
AllAboutTone's Avatar
 

Even if they did pay someone to hype up there gear means nothing to me, you could not pay me enough $$$ to get on here and tell you Avalon/ADL etc gear was the best If i had no love 4 it. I "Listen to what GS members has to say about products and experience" then i make my decisions based on how it sits in the mix and final product. Most any gear sounds great used by itself, its the chemistry that it gives off when put with other gear. I was doing some more P-1 test today, sure did sound great.
Old 8th September 2008
  #183
Quote:
Originally Posted by androne View Post
HR500 with 2 xP1 vs Pacifica
Is there a difference ?

Reason I am asking, I can switch a P1 with something else, not so with the Pacifica obviously.
According to Peter Montessi, you can consider the P1 to be
sonically equivalent to the Pacifica. I have some more detail on
this which I can share off-line.

jeff
Old 8th September 2008
  #184
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutTone View Post
Even if they did pay someone to hype up there gear means nothing to me, you could not pay me enough $$$ to get on here and tell you Avalon/ADL etc gear was the best If i had no love 4 it. I "Listen to what GS members has to say about products and experience" then i make my decisions based on how it sits in the mix and final product. Most any gear sounds great used by itself, its the chemistry that it gives off when put with other gear. I was doing some more P-1 test today, sure did sound great.
Well, that's kind of the point .. they have access to some of the best
studios and gear in LA as part of their daily work. They're not going to
use something that they don't believe strongly in and doesn't get
consistently excellent results. It's their livelihood
and professional reputation for chrizakes ...

One of the things I learned at this weekend's Audio Underground event
is how much the gear makers want to establish a close professional
relationship with the top tier folks who might use their gear. They want honest
feedback, criticism as well as praise. Great audio gear doesn't get
created without the tight interaction with a core group of "experts".
In the case of working engineers ( like Massenburg ), he's his own best/worst customer. And when he's happy, then it goes out to the masses.

So Peter's "network" of audio engineers (who are enthusiastic about his
gear) is an outgrowth of that feedback / design collaboration. Personally,
I want gear that has gone through this kind of intense scrutiny before
I use it ... not some box made by some android that doesn't know what
a great mix is supposed to sound like.

jeff
Old 9th September 2008
  #185
Gear Guru
 
AllAboutTone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarkham View Post
According to Peter Montessi, you can consider the P1 to be
sonically equivalent to the Pacifica. I have some more detail on
this which I can share off-line.

jeff
There is no doubt, when its thrown in the mix i cannot tell the difference, 2 P-1 are cheaper than a Pacifica if you already have a lunchbox full of goodies, i really stand tall for 500 series and thats hype you can take to the bank.
I had mentioned this in a prior thread but i had a older 3124 not a 3124+ and i find the 512c much better than the 3124, maybe cause it did not offer phase switch, hell i will never know. Also i find the phase switch to have a larger change in sound with the 512 and the P-1, however the change was less apparent using the MA5s.... weird.
Old 9th September 2008
  #186
Lives for gear
 
RawBeanZen's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarkham View Post
They're not going to
use something that they don't believe strongly in and doesn't get
consistently excellent results. It's their livelihood
and professional reputation for chrizakes ...


And there it is.
Old 9th September 2008
  #187
Lives for gear
 
RCM - Ronan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by androne View Post
HR500 with 2 xP1 vs Pacifica
Is there a difference ?

Reason I am asking, I can switch a P1 with something else, not so with the Pacifica obviously.
They have a very similar flavor, but the Pacifica is just a little bigger and more dramatic for lack of a better descriptor. Also I did not thing The P1's sound changes quite as dramatically with the pad switch engaged. I would gladly make records with nothing but either one but when I A-B'ed them a few times the Pacifica had that sound I fell in love with and the p-1 was pretty darn close.
Old 9th September 2008
  #188
Gear Maniac
 

Hi all,
i think GS could be a great place where to change information about him self experience in studio and NOT an audio pro shop, that it's what it seems...
I can't believe that a seriuos sound engineer can just put in the same place of a "standard" pre amp( Neve, Millennia, SSL ...etc) the Pacifica.
The A. Design Pacifica is an anonimous average pre, as his price shows.
I think is a bad service to the community of professionals to enphasize a piece of gear just because you have it( and you haven't done any comparation with a really pro product,) or beacause you sell it ( you can sell one , but after who will trust you ?..).
So, again, if sombody ask information about a product, try to be the more objective you can, and to relativize the product in his category....
Old 9th September 2008
  #189
Lives for gear
 
TobyToby's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipsound View Post
Hi all,
i think GS could be a great place where to change information about him self experience in studio and NOT an audio pro shop, that it's what it seems...
I can't believe that a seriuos sound engineer can just put in the same place of a "standard" pre amp( Neve, Millennia, SSL ...etc) the Pacifica.
The A. Design Pacifica is an anonimous average pre, as his price shows.
I think is a bad service to the community of professionals to enphasize a piece of gear just because you have it( and you haven't done any comparation with a really pro product,) or beacause you sell it ( you can sell one , but after who will trust you ?..).
So, again, if sombody ask information about a product, try to be the more objective you can, and to relativize the product in his category....
Urgh, just go back and bring the Special School to completion
Old 9th September 2008
  #190
Gear Guru
 
AllAboutTone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcm View Post
They have a very similar flavor, but the Pacifica is just a little bigger and more dramatic for lack of a better descriptor. Also I did not thing The P1's sound changes quite as dramatically with the pad switch engaged. I would gladly make records with nothing but either one but when I A-B'ed them a few times the Pacifica had that sound I fell in love with and the p-1 was pretty darn close.
Put it this way, if i was tracking a rock and roll band , when it was all done and finished, in a blind test i would not be able to tell which is the P-1 vs the Pacifica, its just to close imo. However i would agree for some reason that the Pacifica DI may have a edge over the P-1, seems to be in the lower end section.
Old 9th September 2008
  #191
Lives for gear
 
mixerguy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipsound View Post
Hi all,
i think GS could be a great place where to change information about him self experience in studio and NOT an audio pro shop, that it's what it seems...
I can't believe that a seriuos sound engineer can just put in the same place of a "standard" pre amp( Neve, Millennia, SSL ...etc) the Pacifica.
The A. Design Pacifica is an anonimous average pre, as his price shows.
I think is a bad service to the community of professionals to enphasize a piece of gear just because you have it( and you haven't done any comparation with a really pro product,) or beacause you sell it ( you can sell one , but after who will trust you ?..).
So, again, if sombody ask information about a product, try to be the more objective you can, and to relativize the product in his category....



Old 9th September 2008
  #192
Lives for gear
 
jslevin's Avatar
A few thoughts on the Peeder vs. L.A. controversy.

First and foremost, I hate anonymity on forums -- it generally serves no purpose other than to feed paranoia. If it were my forum, I'd require or at least strongly suggest that every user have a degree of disclosure. So I wish that peeder would disclose his identity in some form, because people have a right to know.

Having said that, within a community, over time, people generally will respect you or not more on the content of your posts than on your resume — especially here, and in this business, where people generally understand that sales, awards and notoriety are very hard to come by — and some aren't even seeking those things — and someone can do years of very high-quality work and make a good living without ever achieving those things.

I think the "he posts too much" criticism is total bullshyte, and those who make it are essentially saying that they have no other argument to make. Some folks like to stay up late writing on GearSlutz, some folks don't have a family, some folks just write really fast. So f'ing what? It means nothing. I guarantee you, if I'm lucky enough to be producing a hit record right now, it would be no problem for me also to be posting 7 or 8 messages a day here while doing it — do the math — if that's how I chose to spend my spare time. No problem at all. The reason a guy posts his 200th message for the month is generally the same as the reason he posted his 20th message — he was enjoying it.

I think peeder has gone a bit out on a limb in this thread —yet I can't shake the strong sense that I know what he's talking about. There most definitely is a GearSlutz Echo Chamber, and there are certain products that get hyped and defended RELENTLESSLY — and I basically stay away from those.

In one thread, you've got folks saying RME is as good as Apogee, in another, the DAV is as good as John Hardy, in another, "I bet the Lynx Aurora sounds as good as the Prism Orpheus!" — seriously, "I bet" — and in still another, Shadow Hills Gama is the greatest thing ever invented by anyone, for any purpose, ever. And then, six months later, you see the fallout on the Secondhand Classifieds.

Some degrees of reaction go beyond mere opinion — there is a taunting tone or a defensive sense of paranoia, almost a desperation to answer any criticism because I MUST HAVE THE BEST GEAR ALREADY — and the reader has to wonder if some degree of groupthink is at work. I think there is a lot more of this at work — a few people desperate to rationalize their gear purchase — than outright corruption and sock-puppeting, although I'm sure we have some of that as well.

Ronan, I take your point that nobody has exactly attacked Peeder for criticizing A Designs, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a little bit of a mob mentality at work, and that doesn't mean that there isn't something that feels just ... not right .. off-kilter ... or something ... about the need to re-state the positive review, over and over again, often from the same people more than once in the same thread — people apparently determined to make sure the positive reviews vastly outnumber the negatives, beyond the real proportion of opiniating users.

And some feel justified in doing so, because THEY ARE CERTAIN that the 2-3 dissenting views represent a MUCH SMALLER minority, and that those dissenting reviewers are disproportionately representing their opinions JUST BY POSTING ANYTHING AT ALL. (Ronan, just to be clear, I am not talking about you in particular —*quite the contrary.)

So anyway, I've got no dog in this hunt, except that I am in the market for something along the lines of the Pacifica. And I can tell all of you Pacifica fans reading this — having nothing to do with Peeder, and without necessarily thinking anything inappropriate has gone on here — I have been turned OFF to the Pacifica based on the WAY that it is promoted and defended on this board. I may try it anyway at some point, but, you know, there is an awful lot of good stuff out there to try.

For whatever it's worth.

JSL
Old 9th September 2008
  #193
I'm hoping Peeder comes to AES. Sometimes these board amplify
animosity that's overblown. I'd buy him lunch....

jeff
Old 9th September 2008
  #194
Gear Maniac
 
rascal9's Avatar
 

Interesting thread and very informative. In reply to DOORKNOCKER interestingly enough that he mentions the great people involved with Viktor's CD and mentions that it didn't sound gooey enough for him. The great people who worked on and recorded that cd were going for a specific sound and in their humble opinions they achieved it in recording and mastering. Therefore the use of the ADesigns Pacifica pres and others were exactly what the doctor ordered. If DOORKNOCKER didn't like the sound of the finished cd he should take it up with the producer, engineer and mixer but not with the manufacturer of the mic pres used as those in charge thought (and knew) that they were using just what they wanted and got the sound they wanted. Peter is a great guy and has bought me breakfast in the past but that in no way biases my opinion in this thread. Dave
Old 9th September 2008
  #195
Lives for gear
 
AllBread's Avatar
 

Allright everyone, send me your Pacificas, your Neves, your Great Rivers, your Dakings, and your APIs - I'm going to get to the bottom of this once and for all.

Seriously, I wish that my Pacifica would show up already so that I can hear it for myself and then maybe post something of value in this largely worthless thread.
Old 9th September 2008
  #196
Lives for gear
 
chrispick's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslevin View Post
So anyway, I've got no dog in this hunt, except that I am in the market for something along the lines of the Pacifica. And I can tell all of you Pacifica fans reading this — having nothing to do with Peeder, and without necessarily thinking anything inappropriate has gone on here — I have been turned OFF to the Pacifica based on the WAY that it is promoted and defended on this board.
Well, it's promoted and defended by people who use and like it. What's wrong with that really?

Lots of different gear have their fans.

I think what's really being defended by some in this thread are their reputations (in my opinion, rightfully so) as that's been called in question (in my opinion, wrongfully so).

GS is just a user bulletin board. In the end, what you get, by and large, beyond the chaff, are user opinions and watercooler talk. Take from that what you usually do.

Quote:
I may try it anyway at some point, but, you know, there is an awful lot of good stuff out there to try.
That's true!

Of course, avoiding something because of "hype" can be as shortsighted as embracing something because of "hype."

Tryout what you can.

Read up on, listen to and evaluate anything else.

Buy your piece.

Make your music.
Old 10th September 2008
  #197
Unfortunately no one associated with any audio company has ever bought me anything. But I like the P-1 a lot.
Old 10th September 2008
  #198
Lives for gear
 
RCM - Ronan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslevin View Post
So anyway, I've got no dog in this hunt, except that I am in the market for something along the lines of the Pacifica. And I can tell all of you Pacifica fans reading this — having nothing to do with Peeder, and without necessarily thinking anything inappropriate has gone on here — I have been turned OFF to the Pacifica based on the WAY that it is promoted and defended on this board.
The Great River pres, as well and the API 512s are really serious contenders in the same range. They are other favorites of mine and very worth checking out unless me often mentioning how good I think they are might some how be a turn off.
Old 10th September 2008
  #199
Gear Guru
 
AllAboutTone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslevin View Post
And I can tell all of you Pacifica fans reading this — having nothing to do with Peeder, and without necessarily thinking anything inappropriate has gone on here — I have been turned OFF to the Pacifica based on the WAY that it is promoted and defended on this board. I may try it anyway at some point, but, you know, there is an awful lot of good stuff out there to try.



JSL
You should give it a spin and compare the P-1 one as well, don't let it stress you out, api, a designs will be here for a long long long long time, i just hope they can last as long as my 089s w/o any issues, top notch gear all around.
Old 10th September 2008
  #200
Lives for gear
 
Dirty Halo's Avatar
 

In defense of defense.

1. To defend a solid piece of gear that someone truly believes in is perfectly reasonable.

2. If this is just "hype," it's amazing how long and how consistent it has been. Hype?

3. Many people have in some way had the pleasure of dealing with Peter and are struck by how great he is as a person, giving you so much support, time and the rare gift of being a good person.

That coupled with his gear being great is WORTH defending in an age where many of us can't get the time of day out of 99% of the rest of our other gear manufacturers.

There is no conspiracy. Its simple appreciation and loyalty shown to a company that values its customers. Is that really so crazy? (I only wish there were MORE companies with products I could be so enthusiastic about!)

-andrews
Old 10th September 2008
  #201
Jai guru deva om
 
warhead's Avatar
 

How about anybody looking for a preamp with great presence, smooth mids quite capable of delivering punch as well, and a tight low end response, coupled with excellent American build quality, ease of use and great support if ever needed, buy a Pacifica and enjoy it.

And those who do not seek these attributes in a preamp steer clear of it.

Is that fair?

War
Old 10th September 2008
  #202
R3k
Gear Maniac
 
R3k's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslevin View Post
A few thoughts on the Peeder vs. L.A. controversy.

First and foremost, I hate anonymity on forums -- it generally serves no purpose other than to feed paranoia. If it were my forum, I'd require or at least strongly suggest that every user have a degree of disclosure. So I wish that peeder would disclose his identity in some form, because people have a right to know.

Having said that, within a community, over time, people generally will respect you or not more on the content of your posts than on your resume — especially here, and in this business, where people generally understand that sales, awards and notoriety are very hard to come by — and some aren't even seeking those things — and someone can do years of very high-quality work and make a good living without ever achieving those things.

I think the "he posts too much" criticism is total bullshyte, and those who make it are essentially saying that they have no other argument to make. Some folks like to stay up late writing on GearSlutz, some folks don't have a family, some folks just write really fast. So f'ing what? It means nothing. I guarantee you, if I'm lucky enough to be producing a hit record right now, it would be no problem for me also to be posting 7 or 8 messages a day here while doing it — do the math — if that's how I chose to spend my spare time. No problem at all. The reason a guy posts his 200th message for the month is generally the same as the reason he posted his 20th message — he was enjoying it.

I think peeder has gone a bit out on a limb in this thread —yet I can't shake the strong sense that I know what he's talking about. There most definitely is a GearSlutz Echo Chamber, and there are certain products that get hyped and defended RELENTLESSLY — and I basically stay away from those.

In one thread, you've got folks saying RME is as good as Apogee, in another, the DAV is as good as John Hardy, in another, "I bet the Lynx Aurora sounds as good as the Prism Orpheus!" — seriously, "I bet" — and in still another, Shadow Hills Gama is the greatest thing ever invented by anyone, for any purpose, ever. And then, six months later, you see the fallout on the Secondhand Classifieds.

Some degrees of reaction go beyond mere opinion — there is a taunting tone or a defensive sense of paranoia, almost a desperation to answer any criticism because I MUST HAVE THE BEST GEAR ALREADY — and the reader has to wonder if some degree of groupthink is at work. I think there is a lot more of this at work — a few people desperate to rationalize their gear purchase — than outright corruption and sock-puppeting, although I'm sure we have some of that as well.

Ronan, I take your point that nobody has exactly attacked Peeder for criticizing A Designs, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a little bit of a mob mentality at work, and that doesn't mean that there isn't something that feels just ... not right .. off-kilter ... or something ... about the need to re-state the positive review, over and over again, often from the same people more than once in the same thread — people apparently determined to make sure the positive reviews vastly outnumber the negatives, beyond the real proportion of opiniating users.

And some feel justified in doing so, because THEY ARE CERTAIN that the 2-3 dissenting views represent a MUCH SMALLER minority, and that those dissenting reviewers are disproportionately representing their opinions JUST BY POSTING ANYTHING AT ALL. (Ronan, just to be clear, I am not talking about you in particular —*quite the contrary.)

So anyway, I've got no dog in this hunt, except that I am in the market for something along the lines of the Pacifica. And I can tell all of you Pacifica fans reading this — having nothing to do with Peeder, and without necessarily thinking anything inappropriate has gone on here — I have been turned OFF to the Pacifica based on the WAY that it is promoted and defended on this board. I may try it anyway at some point, but, you know, there is an awful lot of good stuff out there to try.

For whatever it's worth.

JSL
Excellent post. I completely agree, but have never posted these thoughts because i would never have been able to put it as eloquently as you have.

For the record, I own a Pacifica. It is my favourite pre out of the 3 higher end ones I have. I have just reccomended and bought another for a friend / client's studio.

But this feverish, positive lemming worship of this product and a handful of others here at GS does indeed rub me the wrong way.

There seems to be quite a few people close to A-designs here on the board, and it happens that some of those people are bouncing off the walls recommending that equipment. It seems the type who would harp on about double blind being the only objective path, would have to concede bias of some sort.

Again, I do love the pre, but a little more tact from the fanclub would be nice to see, IMO
Old 10th September 2008
  #203
Lives for gear
 
AllBread's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3k View Post

Again, I do love the pre, but a little more tact from the fanclub would be nice to see, IMO
Welcome to Gearslutz. There's the guys who will rave all over the A-designs threads, there's that guy who always wants to talk about the Aurora convertors, and there's two dudes who probably can't even order breakfast at their local diner without mentioning DAV mic pres. These people may or may not have some sort of relationship with the manufacturer, but I do believe that all of these people truly love and use the gear in question (heck, isn't this whole site for people who are irrationally obsessed with gear?). It's kind of up to the reader to wade through and see if 100 positive comments are from 100 different people or just 4 or 5. In the end, of course, we all know the only way to know if a piece of gear is going to work for you is to find a way to demo it (work with a dealer or obsessively check ebay for deals you know you could get your money back from if you don't like it). I would be great, however, if people could stay somewhat on topic and talk about the gear in question. I'm interested in A-designs products, but it seems that half the threads I go to are dominated by personal arguments between the same two or three people. Perhaps they should start their own thread so that those who want to see how the battle is doing can go to that thread and those who want to share thoughts and opinions about the Pacifica can come to this one.

In the meantime, I have a Pacifica on order and at this point I have no idea what to expect. When I get it, I'll come back here and post impressions of it compared to my Great River, API, ATI, and Grace mic pres. If I like it, I'll keep it and use it to make my microphones louder. If I don't, I'll sell it.
Old 10th September 2008
  #204
Gear Guru
 
AllAboutTone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3k View Post
Excellent post. I completely agree, but have never posted these thoughts because i would never have been able to put it as eloquently as you have.

For the record, I own a Pacifica. It is my favourite pre out of the 3 higher end ones I have. I have just reccomended and bought another for a friend / client's studio.

But this feverish, positive lemming worship of this product and a handful of others here at GS does indeed rub me the wrong way.

There seems to be quite a few people close to A-designs here on the board, and it happens that some of those people are bouncing off the walls recommending that equipment. It seems the type who would harp on about double blind being the only objective path, would have to concede bias of some sort.

Again, I do love the pre, but a little more tact from the fanclub would be nice to see, IMO
Well i have no issues with my P-1s, love and use them a lot, the only thing that has ever been brought up that bothers me is almost everytime the A Designs gear is brought up people talk about how great Peter and his wife is ??? well maybe they are but the main focus is the gear.
What's the need for bringing up what kind of people they are a million times in a thread ? I never hear about the maker of API, Avedis and other great preamp/gear makers this much, if fact none, if fact im not sure if i want to, i have more interest in the preamp and what it can do for me rather than who designed it, this goes for any piece of gear.
No disrespect for Peter or any other designers.
Old 10th September 2008
  #205
Lives for gear
 
Tony Shepperd's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutTone View Post
Well i have no issues with my P-1s, love and use them a lot, the only thing that has ever been brought up that bothers me is almost every time the A Designs gear is brought up people talk about how great Peter and his wife is ??? well maybe they are but the main focus is the gear.
What's the need for bringing up what kind of people they are a million times in a thread ? I never hear about the maker of API, Avedis and other great preamp/gear makers this much, if fact none, if fact im not sure if i want to, i have more interest in the preamp and what it can do for me rather than who designed it, this goes for any piece of gear.
No disrespect for Peter or any other designers.
What I think you might be missing (and this is why so many people bring it up), is the customer service angle.

When you buy something from most manufacturers, after they have your money they could give to hoot's in hell about you.

But there are a few of the boutique manufactures who actually answer their own phones and if you have a problem with their gear they will see to it personally.

These are not big corporation's with 100's of employees.

People like Peter Montessi and Paul Wolff have a one on one relationship with their customers.
It's one of the reasons I believe that boutique manufacturers are the future of the industry.

I'm a fan of all the gear I use. Whether it be Digidesign or A Designs.
And why shouldn't I be. It provides me with a daily opportunity to create music.
Sometimes it's music that feeds my soul and sometimes it's barely recognizable as music.

But nonetheless, I can get up every morning and try and get better at my craft with the tools that these manufactures have created.
And if I am privileged enough to call them friends... all the better.
Old 10th September 2008
  #206
Gear Guru
 
AllAboutTone's Avatar
 

There is nothing wrong with them being your friends, we all need more friends, i was talking about the hype of them in so many A Designs threads, thats all.
btw, Avedis has Elite customer service, i had a MA5 that the holes was not cut out square for the switches, they sent me one out fedex 2 days before i could even send the defect one back, a very trustful company, hell i don't even know there names but thats not important, however whats important is Avedis CS just like you mention with A designs, and thats great to know incase my P-1s should ever weird out.
Tony Belmont from High Profile can back this up !!!
Old 10th September 2008
  #207
500 series nutjob
 
pan60's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Shepperd View Post
What I think you might be missing (and this is why so many people bring it up), is the customer service angle.

When you buy something from most manufacturers, after they have your money they could give to hoot's in hell about you.

But there are a few of the boutique manufactures who actually answer their own phones and if you have a problem with their gear they will see to it personally.

These are not big corporation's with 100's of employees.

People like Peter Montessi and Paul Wolff have a one on one relationship with their customers.
It's one of the reasons I believe that boutique manufacturers are the future of the industry.

I'm a fan of all the gear I use. Whether it be Digidesign or A Designs.
And why shouldn't I be. It provides me with a daily opportunity to create music.
Sometimes it's music that feeds my soul and sometimes it's barely recognizable as music.

But nonetheless, I can get up every morning and try and get better at my craft with the tools that these manufactures have created.
And if I am privileged enough to call them friends... all the better.
absoultly!!!!!
when i look at piece of gear the first thing i want to know the company, the people or the person behind the company.
i want to know the service will be their when i need it!
and will be the first to say, their happens to be some great companies, that i choose not to deal with based on my experience with the man, the people, and or the their service.
i make no bones about it i love the sound of the P-1, it dose it for me, and i value the man ( as well as the friendship ), behind the company.
no one can excuse me of only helping promote one company, any one that reads what i post, or correspond with me through email or PMs know i will state what i like, them offer some insight as to what i like, and / or what i think would work best for the given setting.
i spend as much effort on a multitude of other products, in regards to try too bring attention to a given product.
i think most of us, place a great deal of value on our integrity.
when someone come in and slanders that integrity and honesty, then many of us feel the need to defend our positions.

so let me ask, is the conspiracy those defending their integrity and honesty or it is those that are being slanderous.

i feel that those that have be so slanderous, demeaning and or trolling, they have the hidden agenda
i
Old 10th September 2008
  #208
500 series nutjob
 
pan60's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutTone View Post
There is nothing wrong with them being your friends, we all need more friends, i was talking about the hype of them in so many A Designs threads, thats all.
btw, Avedis has Elite customer service, i had a MA5 that the holes was not cut out square for the switches, they sent me one out fedex 2 days before i could even send the defect one back, a very trustful company, hell i don't even know there names but thats not important, however whats important is Avedis CS just like you mention with A designs, and thats great to know incase my P-1s should ever weird out.
Tony Belmont from High Profile can back this up !!!
i have in a multitude of threads said that i consider Avedis a valued friend as well as many others, but i can not promote or help promote a product i do not nor have i heard.
i do at last get a MA5 and will post my thoughts when i am comfortable, but i do support and try to help promote Avedis as he is a great guy and a great designer and a great friend!
Old 10th September 2008
  #209
Lives for gear
 
Tony Shepperd's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutTone View Post
There is nothing wrong with them being your friends, we all need more friends, i was talking about the hype of them in so many A Designs threads, thats all.
btw, Avedis has Elite customer service, i had a MA5 that the holes was not cut out square for the switches, they sent me one out fedex 2 days before i could even send the defect one back, a very trustful company, hell i don't even know there names but thats not important, however what's important is Avedis CS just like you mention with A designs, and thats great to know incase my P-1s should ever weird out.
Tony Belmont from High Profile can back this up !!!
But you're actually making my point for me.
You're a fan of the Avedis MA5.
You applaud the company for it's customer service.
I applaud A Designs for theirs.

THERE IS NO HYPE!

You either like it and it works for you or it doesn't.
If it does and you get excited about it, you tend to tell others as you have done with the MA5.

It's that simple.

Just because you like the MA5, do I think your in the tank for them?
Hell no... you just like the gear and it works for you.
Old 10th September 2008
  #210
Gear Guru
 
AllAboutTone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Shepperd View Post
But you're actually making my point for me.
You're a fan of the Avedis MA5.
You applaud the company for it's customer service.
I applaud A Designs for theirs.

THERE IS NO HYPE!

You either like it and it works for you or it doesn't.
If it does and you get excited about it, you tend to tell others as you have done with the MA5.

It's that simple.

Just because you like the MA5, do I think your in the tank for them?
Hell no... you just like the gear and it works for you.
I like the MA5s, i had 2 of them, i sold them as well and made a small profit, they hold there value well. All i own is 2 P-1s, 4 512s and some OSA-C , plus some Hardy and Studer stuff, even though im not a Avedis owner at present i stand behind them, presonus might not be a item you guys would use but they have super CS as well.
The P-1s will always win my heart, as to the rest of the line, well i have not tasted it yet.......gun shy
Top Mentioned Products
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
darkwater / So much gear, so little time
194
spoonie g / So much gear, so little time
16
ptbarnum / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
1
whereisbkp / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
4
Johnkenn / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
4

Forum Jump
Forum Jump