The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SONY C800G Vs. BRAUNER VM-1 Condenser Microphones
Old 22nd May 2017
Lives for gear

I had a Korby Kat 4 and M149 for several years, used 3 different C800G's quite a few times in Atlanta and several VM1's in LA.......... I now have a Horch Rm2J and VM-1 and could not be happier with my results. All in all, none these mic's will be at fault if your recordings are not of quality.

To each their own.

Last edited by Will The Weirdo; 23rd May 2017 at 01:34 PM..
Old 23rd May 2017
Gear Nut

Brauner vmx

Tested the Brauner VM1 and VMX for a month and found the VMX to sounds allot better with much more character but still clean. My clients don't stop raving how good their vocal sounds on that mic
Old 24th May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davideo View Post
Tested the Brauner VM1 and VMX for a month and found the VMX to sounds allot better with much more character but still clean.
I totally concur, because I found the same,

its just more musical to my ears,

the VM1 is too narrow for my taste. I'd like it for somethings though. Like a "Feist" style vocal where its supposed to sound like that...but, its too etched out. The VMX has more fullness, 3D sound....

Pinch of salt,
Mileage might vary,
I don't own any...
Old 15th July 2017
Gear Addict

Reviving this one...do you guys think the Brauner is too "pretty" for male rock vocal work? I see it around on a lot of diva singer stuff in LA but curious about stuff that's a bit more aggressive. can't get my hands on one to test...
Old 15th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hw2nw View Post
Reviving this one...do you guys think the Brauner is too "pretty" for male rock vocal work? I see it around on a lot of diva singer stuff in LA but curious about stuff that's a bit more aggressive. can't get my hands on one to test...
I love the VM-1...... but IMHO, I would skip it for male rock vocals.
Old 23rd July 2017
i'd love the vm1 for double basses in orchestra, not for voices.
for female voices (classical) i use ksm353.
and for male voices: i used to love my violet garnet... but also a tlm170 would work for me.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search