The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best Mic Like a C12??? Condenser Microphones
Old 3rd January 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
He could say he's "Mary Queen of Scots"... but that don't make it so.
I searched Mr. MIC629 on internet, he is chief engineer in 797 audio.

If 797 audio is Mr. Bock’s vendor, why he pasted drawings on internet? If 797 audio is NOT Mr. Bock’s vendor, where did he get Mr. Bock new product drawing (stereo mic drawing)?

Nobody doubts David Bock’s honesty! And nobody doubts Mr. MIC629’s honesty!

I was confused. I am still confused.

Anybody can explain?
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

I think these are C12s . . .

Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Z View Post
I searched Mr. MIC629 on internet, he is chief engineer in 797 audio.

If 797 audio is Mr. Bock’s vendor, why he pasted drawings on internet? If 797 audio is NOT Mr. Bock’s vendor, where did he get Mr. Bock new product drawing (stereo mic drawing)?

Nobody doubts David Bock’s honesty! And nobody doubts Mr. MIC629’s honesty!

I was confused. I am still confused.

Anybody can explain?
797 is a counterfeit company, which seems to be legal in China. So basically while I trust Mr Bock´s honesty I would never ever trust the chief engineer of a counterfeit company. I feel sorry for Mr Bock that 797 is acting they way the do now with his designs but that risk kind of comes with choosing a counterfeit company as a business partner. If they smell financial benefit they will screw you, no matter who you are or were, friend or foe.
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Design and design seems to be two different things in this case. I see no problem in Mr. Bock outsourcing the production of the mechanical parts to an overseas manufacturer with experience in these things.

This does not, however, imply that the electronic and capsule design was done there as well.

Judging from the relatively good spelling on the mechanical drawings, these did probably not origin in far east either.

Jakob E.
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Maniac

Dear "Gary Z",
Please reveal your full name as well as the identity of "MIC629" so that we may have an open discussion about your allegations. You might even want to tell us about yourself, so we can understand the context of your bizarre thread.
regards,
David Bock
Bock Audio
www.bockaudio.com
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Nobody doubts David Bock’s honesty!
Agreed!

Quote:
And nobody doubts Mr. MIC629’s honesty!
That's a joke right? An annonymous internet name making pretty large claims??? No, I cannot trust Mr. MIC629 without further clarification. See Mr. Bock's request below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbock View Post
Dear "Gary Z",
Please reveal your full name as well as the identity of "MIC629" so that we may have an open discussion about your allegations. You might even want to tell us about yourself, so we can understand the context of your bizarre thread.
regards,
David Bock
Bock Audio
www.bockaudio.com
Ditto. thumbsup Without names and the authority to back it up, these kinds of allegations just stink up the place, cause dissension, and create internet legends that are untrue. thumbsup
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Since were on the topic, and since I'm very interested in Bock microphones.......

I've always thought all Bock mics aside from the U195 were primarily US/European sourced and assembled in CA.

However, I thought it was common knowledge that only the capsule of that mic is from China, and he used his own circuit and "massive transformer" for the U195.

I always wished Bock would come out with a C12 inspired mic, considering they have already sourced a great capsule for their 151/251.
Old 5th January 2011
Gear Addict

The only thing from china in the entire line is the capsule for the 195. That has been stated again and again, but this misinformation keeps popping up (thanks mostly to blatant liars like "MIC629"). Metal work, transformers, circuit boards, etc are all made in the USA. The other capsules are German. This has been stated so many times it makes you wonder about the real agenda of anonymous posters like "Gary Z" who come up with these bizarre statements out of the blue.
Old 5th January 2011
Lives for gear

Back on topic, has anyone ever tried the Flea C12?

-R
Old 5th January 2011
Lives for gear

I mean, how can you not trust a guy named Mr. MIC...... After all, I found him on the internet!!!
Old 7th January 2011
Here for the gear

Gary Z

who's Gary Z?
who's David Bock? why you use my name?
who is me?

these guys are all lying.
I am david bock from Bock Audio.

David Bock
Bock Audio
www.bockaudio.com
[email protected]
Old 7th January 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by I7408 View Post
who's Gary Z?
who's David Bock? why you use my name?
who is me?

these guys are all lying.
I am david bock from Bock Audio.

David Bock
Bock Audio
www.bockaudio.com
[email protected]
wow...
Old 7th January 2011
Here for the gear

Gar z VS Dbock

I searched the guy Gary Z on internet, he is " Toni R. Fishman" from TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik.
I searched the guy dbock on internet, he is a sales of RODE mic. can not understand why the guy use my name.

And I got some more information on internet , I do not know whether it is true.
it is said " most part of Telefunken mic are made in china too. the body case,mic capsule,PCB board..
and Telefunken has relationship with BJ797, maybe the guy "Gary Z" (Toni R. Fishman) got drawing from 797 , and then put it on internet " .

do you guys trust my searching result? searching result, not my means.
why not? I did get this information on internet.
my name is David bock, not I7408.
Dbock is not me.

David Bock
Bock Audio
www.bockaudio.com
[email protected]
Old 7th January 2011
Here for the gear

in fact, I have almost all drawings of TELEFUNKEN mics,
I always do some sparetime designing works for others..
here you can see my drawing of TELEFUNKEN M260...
if you guys have interesting, I can post more drawings..
now you guys should belive that I am David bock, the guy Dbock is a liar.

David Bock
Bock Audio
www.bockaudio.com
[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails
Best Mic Like a C12???-m260.gif  
Old 7th January 2011
Lives for gear

Can someone take that 3 post "I7408" clown down and block his IP address as well?! Identity theft (stupidly weak in this case btw) is not the same as trying to be funny...
That aside, I would not be surprised if "I7408", "Gary Z" and Mr. "MIC269" are one and the same person, having access to 797´s technical materials, taking a shot to get his 15 minutes (or posts) of fame...
Old 7th January 2011
Lives for gear

Ha, I7408, I'd practice my English speaking skills before impersonating an American if I were you.
Old 7th January 2011
Gear Maniac

what the hell is going on here and why are all this people impersonating that guy?
Old 7th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WunderBro Flo View Post
Can someone take that 3 post "I7408" clown down and block his IP address as well?! Identity theft (stupidly weak in this case btw) is not the same as trying to be funny...
That aside, I would not be surprised if "I7408", "Gary Z" and Mr. "MIC269" are one and the same person, having access to 797´s technical materials, taking a shot to get his 15 minutes (or posts) of fame...
It's not even funny.........
Old 7th January 2011
Here for the gear

I have told you guys I am David...
I got drawings of Blue microphones from a Chinese company, it was said all Blue mics are made in China...

if you guys have interesting, I can post almost all microphone drawings I got from China, including Neumann, AKG microphone...... don't you guys know these "great mics" are being built in China????

David Bock
Bock Audio
www.bockaudio.com
[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails
Best Mic Like a C12???-yeti.gif  
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search