I love these monitors.

Why are they not making them anymore?
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by piano View Post
I love these monitors.

Why are they not making them anymore?
supply chain issues? I just am getting rid of mine because i went to a completely different league with the barefoots
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdomcapello View Post
if anyone is interested im selling mine, just got a pair of barefoot mm27's last year and the opals have been in the box ever since. they are a few years old great condition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdomcapello View Post
supply chain issues? I just am getting rid of mine because i went to a completely different league with the barefoots
Did you get MK1 or MK2's?

Cos I auditioned MK1's way way back and wasn't into them. Preferred Opals but admittedly could not compare them side by side, so different rooms, different time period, etc.

MK1's in the studio control room I was in, kinda sounded like NS10Ms with a sub, which I already had at the time.
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleaman View Post
Did you get MK1 or MK2's?

Cos I auditioned MK1's way way back and wasn't into them. Preferred Opals but admittedly could not compare them side by side, so different rooms, different time period, etc.

MK1's in the studio control room I was in, kinda sounded like NS10Ms with a sub, which I already had at the time.
I have the mk2... I dont know if I could ever put them in the same sentence as NS10's with a sub or not. The power handling given to each component was just amazing. They were great speakers for me. I just outgrew them and my room. Thats why I went for the MM27's.. which granted are 3x the price.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search