The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Warning: Neve / Wunder Auction Fraud
Old 12th January 2005
Lives for gear

Warning: Neve / Wunder Auction Fraud

Hello, just a heads up that the following auction is indeed a fraudulent auction:

Neve 8034

After speaking with Mike Castoro of Wunder Audio, I learned that this console is actually owned by Willie Basse, a Wunder Audio Dealer in CA, who is not auctioning off the console. I wrote an inquiry to the auction seller and received a reply in broken english stating that the console shown in the pictures is the console for sale.

Mike said that this is not the first time people have lifted pictures from his Misty Hill website in an attempt to scam an unsuspecting buyer. The difference between this scam and the previous attempts, is that this seller is registered in New York, while the others were registered in Indonesia. Perhaps a dormant account was hacked.
Old 12th January 2005
Here for the gear

What a bargain!!!!
Old 13th January 2005
Lives for gear

Local Pick Up AFTER a 30% deposit is Paid????
What the F?
That one was easy to spot!!!
Plus the price ????
RED FLAG
Old 13th January 2005
What a beautiful console!

I love those oversized PPMs as well.

Regardless of price, this would be a nice console to own. Can I pick it up in Indonesia? Is it near the beach?
Old 13th January 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Lynn Fuston
What a beautiful console!
Why thank you! heh

I just scored the exact same frame from a BBC studio in the UK. I plan on filling it up mostly with Wunder PEQ-1s and a few 1084s.

Hence my alertness to this particular instance of Ebay fraud. What is sad is that people are bidding on the console ($10k now) because of the seller's 100% positive feedback report. And the scammer made the bidding private to ensure that we don't inform the bidders of what they are getting into.
Old 13th January 2005
Gear Maniac

MPR3...I cannot find the Misty Hill site these pics are from. If you have a contact with Mike..maybe he can point you in the right direction. I just want to stick it in an e-mail to Ebay as it looks like someone is going to get taken and send this guy 30%. Its probably a hacked account as it has not been used in months.
Old 13th January 2005
Lives for gear

hi vnt001,

It is the top console on this Misty Hill page. As you can see the page hasn't been updated in a while and the console has since been sold to Willie Basse, who then posted the same console up on his Killer Gear Broker site. Willie's console is not for sale. It is posted to get attention.. and it did.
Old 13th January 2005

Looks like that auction got killed. Cool.

Same MO as hundreds of scammy stuff before. I have a collection of helpful hints here:

Beware of Bogus eBay auctions
Old 14th January 2005
Gear Maniac

good news

I'm very glad that the auction was killed. I emailed Ebay 2 days ago and did not think that they were going to pull it. I would of alerted the winner anyway. Thanks for all those who emailed me to let me know of the auction in the first place.
The best scam auction I ever saw was a Minty mint Fender Broadcaster Serial#31 that was for going for $9000. They stole the photos off of a website of Brian Setzer's personal guitars. It was worth about 60K.
It was in Indonesia and the seller had 0 feedback. it also said
"Send only half money so we trust you and we ship guitar" Hah

Next someone will steal photos of my Meltotron and make a scam auction out of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Warning:  Neve / Wunder Auction Fraud-meltotron.jpg  
Old 14th January 2005
Lives for gear

Re: good news

Quote:
Originally posted by Wunderkap

Next someone will steal photos of my Meltotron and make a scam auction out of it.
is that the one Foreigner recorded with?!?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search