The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Neve 1081R pricing
Old 29th January 2003
  #1
Lives for gear
 
digiman's Avatar
Neve 1081R pricing

Can someone tell what the basic cost would be for 16 channels of the new Neve 1081R mic pres? I assuming this unit is modular, but cant seem to find out much about it.

TIA
Old 29th January 2003
  #2
Lives for gear
 
e-cue's Avatar
 

Vintech sells their version of the 1081 for $2,100 new. Don't know if that really helps you out at all.
Old 29th January 2003
  #3
Lives for gear
 
digiman's Avatar
I talking specifically about the 1081R rack unit that was just released and is featured on the ams-neve site under outboard gear.
Old 29th January 2003
  #4
Re: Neve 1081R pricing

Quote:
Originally posted by digiman
Can someone tell what the basic cost would be for 16 channels of the new Neve 1081R mic pres? I assuming this unit is modular, but cant seem to find out much about it.

TIA
I paid $7100 for (2)AMS Neve 1081 EQ in a rack(Funky Junk).


If you take out the EQ its probably $2500 per channel(hey it is AMS).

Its probably going to be ....EXPENSIVE!!!

I will ask the guys over at Funky Junk and get a price quote.
Old 30th January 2003
  #5
Lives for gear
 
drundall's Avatar
 

Re: Re: Neve 1081R pricing

Quote:
Originally posted by thethrillfactor
I paid $7100 for (2)AMS Neve 1081 EQ in a rack(Funky Junk).

Ouch!

Were they old 1081's or new?
Old 30th January 2003
  #6
Re: Re: Re: Neve 1081R pricing

Quote:
Originally posted by drundall
Ouch!

Were they old 1081's or new?
New.
Old 30th January 2003
  #7
Re: Re: Re: Neve 1081R pricing

Quote:
Originally posted by drundall
Ouch!

Were they old 1081's or new?
Right now they are more($8730 ex vat).
Old 30th January 2003
  #8
Lives for gear
 
malice's Avatar
 

Re: Re: Re: Re: Neve 1081R pricing

Quote:
Originally posted by thethrillfactor
Right now they are more($8730 ex vat).
This is total madness.

malice
Old 30th January 2003
  #9
Lives for gear
 
e-cue's Avatar
 

Suddenly the Crane Song Spider doesn't seem so expensive.
Old 30th January 2003
  #10
Lives for gear
 
malice's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally posted by e-cue
Suddenly the Crane Song Spider doesn't seem so expensive.
8 very good pres, 8 very good converters, a little mixer, tape simulation soft, mmh

I don't find the spider expensive at all.
Certainly not as overpriced as vintage neve pres ...

malice
Old 30th January 2003
  #11
Quote:
Originally posted by malice
8 very good pres, 8 very good converters, a little mixer, tape simulation soft, mmh

I don't find the spider expensive at all.
Certainly not as overpriced as vintage neve pres ...

malice
Yeah but the Spider is a one way piece(tracking only).

I don't really track(except for vocals) so for me its useless.

Hey the 1081's are probably the most wanted(and some of the most rare)of the Neve modules. They have the most flexible EQ. So yeah while they maybe a little over priced, if it something you need...you gotta pay.

I found someone selling 8 of them in a rack for only $34K.

What a steal!!!grggt
Old 30th January 2003
  #12
Lives for gear
 
digiman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally posted by thethrillfactor
Yeah but the Spider is a one way piece(tracking only).

I don't really track(except for vocals) so for me its useless.

Hey the 1081's are probably the most wanted(and some of the most rare)of the Neve modules. They have the most flexible EQ. So yeah while they maybe a little over priced, if it something you need...you gotta pay.

I found someone selling 8 of them in a rack for only $34K.

What a steal!!!grggt
At that rate, would I be better off just looking for a used Neve console with the 1081 pres? If so, which models of Neve consoles should I look at? VR Series?
Old 30th January 2003
  #13
Lives for gear
 
Mike Tholen's Avatar
 

look right past the VR series.
and for the going price of Neve stuff you'r better off looking into Helios modules.
I like the Helios better than Neve anyway...
but never pay money for a VR series anything.dfegad
Old 31st January 2003
  #14
Quote:
Originally posted by digiman
At that rate, would I be better off just looking for a used Neve console with the 1081 pres? If so, which models of Neve consoles should I look at? VR Series?
Well lets see... an 8048 with all 1081 EQ goes for around ...$230K sometimes?

I think if the EQ is not as important, than maybe a broadcast console would do fine. They are also cheaper. Or look at some of the Brent Averill A/B preamps.

A VR is a whole different animal. You have people with different opinions. I've always liked them(I am looking at a acquiring a VRP 72 as I speak). Others can't stand them(low mid bump,tons of caps in the channel and it gets massively hot!!!). But I love them for mixing pop,rnb and dance.

Hey there are guys that hate SSL's and won't mix on them. Evevryone has their preference.
Old 31st January 2003
  #15
Lives for gear
 
groundcontrol's Avatar
 

I agree on the VR working well for R'n'B. I prefer a G+ for rock. Anyway, most projects in town can't afford better than HD with tons o'outboard these days... grudge

FWIW, I find 33114's to be a workable replacement for 1081's a lot of the time.
At least that's what my accountant is trying to convince me of... grggt
Old 23rd April 2009
  #16
Lives for gear
 
Greg Curtis's Avatar
 

1081R at Vintage King[/URL]Neve 1081R rack with 12 channels of the 1081 AIR modules sell for $17,164 at Vintage King.


1081R at Vintage King
📝 Reply
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump