The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help!! Rme fireface 800 0r ensemble? Plus recorder? Audio Interfaces
Old 21st July 2008
Help!! Rme fireface 800 0r ensemble? Plus recorder?

Hi there,
Which one to get I'm not sure? RME Fireface 800 or Apogee Ensemble!!

I Produce and release Electronica from my home and and I'm running a Power Mac G5 with Logic Pro and I need better converters?

I've been using a Motu 828mk2 for ages now and its been rock solid but I realize the sound quality is very modest and to improve my sound i need one of the above maybe?

I use a lot of Outboard Eq and effects so Im always recording in and out of Logic so its not all in the box and I need to be able to monitor the overdubs and extra processing easily,,

For example Massive Passive, Distressor, pcm70, Space Echo and vintage flangers and soon to arrive Thermionic Culture Phoenix ,,,

I know the ensemble is made for the mac and Logic but I like the look of the RME as it has a lot of Analog inputs and I need 4 at least...

I'm not gonna go anal on converters but I reckon one of the above will make a huge difference in my sound so I would appreciate your advice...

I also need to get something new to record my finished tracks to I'd luv a reel to reel but don't really have the room unless there's a compact sort of one worth looking in to,is the masterlink worth looking into?
Thanx.
Darren..
Old 21st July 2008
Gear Maniac

I belive the Ensemble has as many analog ins as the Fireface. I would go for the Ensemble `cause of the pres, converters and the integration in Logic. If you do a lot of analog proccessing or have a mixer etc. I would probably go for the RME if cost is an issue.
Old 21st July 2008
Lives for gear

For what you do: The Ensemble. Another one to consider is the Lynx Aurora (no preamps though).
Old 21st July 2008
Lives for gear

Either..I've used both effectively. You should be able to find a way to incorporate either into your workflow.
Old 20th August 2008
Got the Apogee!!!!!!

Luv it!!!!!

Cheers Fellas!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search