The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Eventide Eclipse vs H7600/H8000 soundwise only
Old 17th August 2010
Gear Head

Slightly OT - How does the Orville fair up against the 7600/H8000 in terms of sound quality?
Old 17th August 2010
Lives for gear

Of course the 7600 or 8000 are superior. However, I do own an eclipse and really like it. I just picked up an mpx 550 for a different flavor. In an ideal world, would love to have the 8000 and a Bricasti....but for my personal studio I am happily getting by with the eclipse and the 550. thumbsupthumbsup
Old 19th August 2010
Lives for gear
On the issue of compressors, I use the multiband compressors and radio compressor on my H8000FW quite a bit for mastering. The compressors and Eqs are very smooth sounding. The compressors do not result in digital harshness and nor do they take the top end away or muffle the bottom like some analogue compressors. I think the compressors and Eq presets are ignored as most people seem to buy the 8000 series for the delays,reverbs and pitch shifting. Overall the sound quality is spectacular. Surprising it is very easy to program unlike my PMC80 Lexicon. I have not really gotten into the Vsig thing yet. That is where the real programming power is.
Old 17th February 2013
Lives for gear
Just connected an Eventide H8000FW to a Roland JC-120 comob amp. Aside from the noise issues which I know how to resolve (I need to get proper wires made to address the unbalanced JC-120 and Eventide Balanced ins & outs), it sounds absolutely spectacular. I thought the Eventide sounded pretty good on dry guitar tracks inserted as an FX bus. It sounds unbelievable throught the JC-120. Coupled with a TC2290 the sound comming from my guitar is ridiculous. I am in heaven.
There are some pretty good verbs on the H8000FW. I like the EMT plates. They sound very good when used on vocal tracks in combination with a Bricasti Hall and TC2290 delay.
Old 17th February 2013
Lives for gear
Just connected an Eventide H8000FW to a Roland JC-120 combo amp. Aside from the noise issues which I know how to resolve (I need to get proper wires made to address the unbalanced JC-120 and Eventide Balanced ins & outs), it sounds absolutely spectacular. I thought the Eventide sounded pretty good on dry guitar tracks inserted as an FX bus. It sounds unbelievable through the JC-120 fx send/return. Coupled with a TC2290 the sound coming from my guitar is ridiculous. Jaw dropping stuff. I am in heaven thanks to Eventide. I am coming all the time with it.
There are some pretty good verbs on the H8000FW. I like the EMT plates. They sound very good when used on vocal tracks in combination with a Bricasti Hall and TC2290 delay. I tend to use the Eventide reverbs more than my Lexicon PCM96, which has been sitting in a box for a while now.
Old 17th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldie wave View Post

I tend to use the Eventide reverbs more than my Lexicon PCM96, which has been sitting in a box for a while now.
Mmm, got my PCM92 and Orville situated together like complementary cuisine ingredients in my kitchen. I sure wouldn't box up that wonderful Lexi
Old 17th February 2013
Lives for gear
I have a 16 unit rack at home full of the stuff I use all the time. I probably will get it out when the need arises and when I find a good rack to put it all in.
Old 18th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastering101 View Post
lesson # 1 Never listen to a sales guys
I second that. THe SSL sales guys also made believe that the Duende had the even faster SHARC DSPs than the C200 and that the algos were exactly the same. I hup hup there I went buying a duende! Finally would I have the real SSL sound, IN my box!

NOT!
Old 19th July 2016
Lives for gear

Eventide H8000 is ultimate nirvana of digital.
Nothing ever came close in complexity and integrity of its sound.
I would buy 2 or 3 if they would be more affordable.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search