The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
flirting with 02R 96k
Old 13th January 2003
Lives for gear

flirting with 02R 96k

Hi friends! I am close to a big dilemma
I have a PT TDM Mix system running under OS 9.2.2, PT 5.1.1 with nice plugins on a G4 800 Quciksilver and so. I do not use more than 32 tracks, very rarely I reach 40 tracks, maybe once a year!!

I am not very satisfied with the sound of my 02R/01V. I do not have budget to upgrade to PT HD and to better console/mic pres either. I sometmes record up to simultaneous 20 tracks with my Camerata/Horn Band projects.

I have been very surprised with the new features of the new 02R 96K. I am a console guy, not very into mousing automation, although PT automix is much more faster to work with....

What have been your impressions with this new console?
I have already read all the features and so. Are the mic pres a big leap from the previous model?
I tend to upgrade the console not the mix system..

what are your opinions?
BTW.. this forum has been a big discovery to me!
Nice people, advices and so!

Thanks
Alécio
Old 13th January 2003
Lives for gear

????????
Old 13th January 2003
Lives for gear

As an old O2R user the desk looks really good and the pres are meant to be a vast improvement, I'd say skip it and go for HD & REALLY good pres, etc..

I got a big gain in quality w/ external A/D, clocking and a few tasty pres when using the "old" O2R.
Old 14th January 2003
Lives for gear

but goinh hd I will have to pay upgrades.. for everything. have paid a few already, but...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search