The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Jim Williams & John Mclaughlin!!!
Old 18th November 2004
Lives for gear

Jim Williams & John Mclaughlin!!!

Jim,

I heard through the grape vine that you use to build custom guitars for John Mclaughlin back in his hey days in the 1970s! Is this correct? John is absolutly my favorite all time guitar/composer. I have all of his albums (most of the Verve stuff, although that flavour of Jazz is not my cup of tea.) One of my favorite albums of his, is strangly a modern one and certainly one of his very finest works; "Live at the Royal Albert Hall."

What guitars did you build Jim? Can you tell us what albums they might be on? If you tell me you built guitars durring the Shakti stuff, I will be amazed! I know John played some very unusual guitars in that time period.

I have just been heavily listening to his Miles Davis material, particularly, "Jack Johnsom" box set , "Bitches Brew" box set, and "In A Silent Way" box set. Some of the greatest GUITAR COLORS I have ever heard in "Fusion" music.......hey, there it was being created for the first time on tape.....pretty exciting!

I hope that I didn't get you wrong Jim!

Peace & Dreams,
Old 19th November 2004
Lives for gear

Anyone on this.....Jim?
Old 19th November 2004
Lives for gear

Well I know Rex Bouge did the electronics on some of Johns Custom guitars but he was working for a guitar shop in LA.I think these were the double necks
Old 23rd November 2004
Lives for gear

Bumpo
Old 24th November 2004
Lives for gear

search for ''pages of fire'' what a cool site alot of info on Johns guitars and equipment

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search