The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Pendulum Audio OCL-2
Old 9th November 2004
Lives for gear

Pendulum Audio OCL-2

OCL-2,

this compressor has prooved to me to be a real glue gun on a mix. I haven't been tracking or applying much of it to individual tracks while mixing but I do plan on doing so.

I find they rock on mixes and acoustic guitars. I still have yet to pass some mean drums, bass and vocals through it though.

Those of you who have used one, or own one, what are your experiences with it? What do you use it for mostly?

How would you compare it to the Fairchild or LA2A as it's presets somewhat mimic them? I would have to say that the presets are pretty damn good IMO, and the Fast setting is damn faaaast!

The transarency of the unit is also great for teaming up with another comp such as the distressor, since it does not color the sound and only does what you want it to do.

all in all, I like this unit and will be using it more often now that I've discorvered some of it's true qualities.

Jason
Old 10th November 2004
Lives for gear

Re: Pendulum Audio OCL-2

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason Poulin
OCL-2,

this compressor has prooved to me to be a real glue gun on a mix. I haven't been tracking or applying much of it to individual tracks while mixing but I do plan on doing so.

I find they rock on mixes and acoustic guitars. I still have yet to pass some mean drums, bass and vocals through it though.

Those of you who have used one, or own one, what are your experiences with it? What do you use it for mostly?

How would you compare it to the Fairchild or LA2A as it's presets somewhat mimic them? I would have to say that the presets are pretty damn good IMO, and the Fast setting is damn faaaast!

The transarency of the unit is also great for teaming up with another comp such as the distressor, since it does not color the sound and only does what you want it to do.

all in all, I like this unit and will be using it more often now that I've discorvered some of it's true qualities.

Jason

Yesterday I used the Quartet 1 to record a great female singer. The mic was Telefunken USA E lam 251 Platinum Edition and it was Crazy. Unreal. She was moving all around the mic and the OCL-2 inside the Quartet kept her sounding like she was always right in front of it. At times she was 5 feet away and facing a different direction from the mic. You wouldn't have believed that your eyes were looking at what your ears were hearing! It sounded like she didn't move(other then a little more ambience).-Kris
Old 10th November 2004
Gear Maniac
Haven't used the OCL-2 but I have an ES-8 and it has slowly become my favorite 2 buss analog limiter. I've used it on several styles of music and the ES-8's two best qualities IMHO are its transparency and its ability to retain punch duriing extreme limiting.

duaneadam
Old 10th November 2004
I'm generally pretty picky about stuff making it in my chain, but the OCL2 was mounted in the rack the day after it got here to try out.

Awesome compressor, imo.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search