The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Neve 8816 & 8804 Issue Consoles
Old 27th June 2008
Gear Addict

Neve 8816 & 8804 Issue

Hey all of you Neve 8816 & 8804 owners out there!

I have purchased an Ams Neve 8816 and 8804 but can't get the CUT/SOLO buttons to synchronize between the two units. The CUT/SOLO buttons on the 8816 light up and affect the sound just like you would expect them to, but on the 8804 the buttons just light up without affecting the sound. And the 8816 does not reflect changes you make on the 8804 when it comes to the CUT/SOLO buttons.The faders, on the other hand, work flawlessly.

I have changed the jumpers on the 8816 in accordance with the owners manual. Both the 8816 and the 8804 are connected via USB to the same computer. I have installed the Neve recall software, which runs without problem, and updated the software for both the 8816 and the 8804. But like I said, the only thing not working is the synchronization of the CUT/SOLO buttons.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me solve this problem.

Best regards,
Chris
Old 6th March 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris900 View Post
Hey all of you Neve 8816 & 8804 owners out there!

I have purchased an Ams Neve 8816 and 8804 but can't get the CUT/SOLO buttons to synchronize between the two units. The CUT/SOLO buttons on the 8816 light up and affect the sound just like you would expect them to, but on the 8804 the buttons just light up without affecting the sound. And the 8816 does not reflect changes you make on the 8804 when it comes to the CUT/SOLO buttons.The faders, on the other hand, work flawlessly.

I have changed the jumpers on the 8816 in accordance with the owners manual. Both the 8816 and the 8804 are connected via USB to the same computer. I have installed the Neve recall software, which runs without problem, and updated the software for both the 8816 and the 8804. But like I said, the only thing not working is the synchronization of the CUT/SOLO buttons.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me solve this problem.

Best regards,
Chris
hey Chris - did you ever solve this problem? having the same one!
Old 8th March 2019
Gear Addict

Unfortunately, I never did. I just solo/cut on the 8816, which hasn't been a problem for me since I have the unit right behind the faders.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search