The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
buffer size on Tascam X48 Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 20th June 2008
Gear Maniac

buffer size on Tascam X48

Hi guys,
Tascam italy has give me an X48 tascam with os 1.04 for triyng to evaluate it. I found some problems in the software release, that probably can be fixed in the next release, but the worst thing that happen to me is that I cannot upload a long multitrack recording, that i have to mix. This recording comes from another studio, and it's a jazz record with several takes ALL TOGHETER for 1 hour and 22 minutes for each of the 12 track. After have uploaded 3 tracks, an error report: the directory of the track may be full. I've tried to split the long files in 5 part, but after the upload of 12 tracks 30 minutes long each one, I have the same report... Could it be possible that the buffer of the X48 is so weak? Anyone had this experience? How can I SOLVE THE PROBLEM??
best

Alessio
Spazi Sonori - Via della Gherardesca, 1 - 57128 LIVORNO
Old 21st June 2008
Gear Maniac

bump
Old 21st June 2008
Gear Maniac

Hi Alessio,
I've found that by adding an extrnal drive (500 gigs) through the firewire interface makes things a little better with this unit. This most likely will solve your problem.
Ciao.
Old 22nd June 2008
Gear Maniac

you mean charge the project on an external drive of 500 giga?
Old 8th October 2008
New firmware:

Major Update Adds Features to Best-selling 48-track Workstation

Montebello, CA (October 6, 2008): New for the TASCAM X-48 is software version 1.10, an update that adds several user-requested features to the best-selling 48-track digital audio workstation. Among the new features are a new "Big Meter Mode," which changes the VGA display into a meter bridge for live recording and tracking. Other added features include a new "fail safe recording" mode which saves the file every 5 seconds. TASCAM also made improvements to the user interface, automation system and minor bug fixes.

"TASCAM's X-48 has proven to be a popular choice for live recording," said Jeff Laity, Marketing Manager for TASCAM. "Because of its compact size, great sound and reliability, some of the top names in live recording use the X-48. We listened to their requests and version 1.10 is the result of their input."

X-48 version 1.10 is in final testing and will be available as a free update for owners later this year.
Old 8th October 2008
He probably means it will buffer on an external disk?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search