The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
V72a
Old 11th October 2004
Gear Nut

V72a

I have buyed a pair with old, original TAB V72a. Will they sound "as new", or must I really refresh them (re-cap, replace tubes etc) ??
I live in europe, with 230V. Must I reduce the power to 220V to avoid burning the V72 ?

Thanks

Finstad
Old 13th October 2004
member no 666

No.

They will not sound "as new" until you make them "as new".

No.

You don't need to worry about the difference between 230 vs. 220v.
Old 14th October 2004
Lives for gear

you may have to recap them, but probably you don't have to replace the tubes.

230 v will not damage the modules.
Old 14th October 2004
Lives for gear

Does anyone have their V72's racked? I'm looking for a company in Europe who does it - I know oh HE Studiotechnik, but I contacted them a year ago and they kept promising me that the units will be ready soon, over and over again. I'm still waiting...
Old 14th October 2004
Here for the gear

Vintage city in germany.

I just had a pair of Neumann compressors and EQ's racked by him. Good quality stuff (the gear itself and the racking).

Check out on www.vintagecity.de
Old 14th October 2004
Gear Addict

I saw some great looking racks on ebay that you just slot the cartridges in..then went back to look again and the company had disappeared from the face of the planet. spooky.
Old 14th October 2004
Lives for gear

Thanks for the replies, but I'm afraid that my request wasn't articulate. I'm looking for something like this:

This would meet my demands perfectly, but unfortunately the company hasn't been able to deliver. Is anybody else making a similar rack in Europe?

Thanks for your help
Old 14th October 2004
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by el cochino
I know oh HE Studiotechnik, but I contacted them a year ago and they kept promising me that the units will be ready soon, over and over again. I'm still waiting...
just talk to them again! as far as i know they initially wanted to sell racks built in the us, but then they decided to construct their own racks.
this process took some time...

the he-rackings are available since 06/04.
i got the very first v72-rack built by he studiotechnik for my review in the german "keyboards" magazine, and i immediately bought it for my own studio. they did great work!

actually i reviewed and bought the same racking shown on the picture you posted, including the same v72-modules. just compare the module's serial no. with my avatar picture...
Old 14th October 2004
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by airmate
just talk to them again! as far as i know they initially wanted to sell racks built in the us, but then they decided to construct their own racks.
this process took some time...

the he-rackings are available since 06/04.
i got the very first v72-rack built by he studiotechnik for my review in the german "keyboards" magazine, and i immediately bought it for my own studio. they did great work!

actually i reviewed and bought the same racking shown on the picture you posted, including the same v72-modules. just compare the module's serial no. with my avatar picture...
Thanks a lot! I'll contact them immediately!
Old 14th October 2004
Lives for gear

have fun! heh
Old 14th October 2004
Gear Maniac

I have a pair of v-672's racked by Oliver Archut at TAB AMI and he did a fabulous job with them.
Old 18th October 2004
Here for the gear

rackmounts, delivery, 230?

V72 rackmount
I am very sorry about the late delivery of rackmounts from Tab Funkenwerk. As written in this forum everthing was not so easy,because Oliver was serious ill.......

Sorry if i didn`t wrote back in this special case.....sorry

But anyway hestudiotechnik.de has rackmounts for a lot of common modules in stock. V72, V72a....V672, W395,W695 or whatever. the deliverytime for custom solutions is max. 4 weeks.
Please feel free to contact me with any further questions or modules you want to rack up.

i don`t share the opinion that it´s not important to supply the
module with 220V!!!! If you supply 230V the heating voltage of your tubes is to high and your longlife 804S, or other tubes will have a much shorter life!

greetings from Munich

Andy
Old 13th December 2007
Here for the gear

[email protected]

in the original schematics of the Tab V72a there are 2 chokes (pos 37 and 39). Can you please provide me their data? (inductivity and resistivity in DC)

Thanks a lot! It will be fun to build them
Chris
Old 13th December 2007
Led
Lives for gear

My tech who is a pretty well respected valve guy has modded all my v72 power supplies to provide 220. We are 240 volts. As Andy says, higher voltages on the heater filament will wear the tubes out quicker, although from memory up to +5 volts over spec is ok. I know some don't worry about it but the 804s aren't getting any cheaper.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search