The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
1272 and 1073 what's the diff besides eq/??
Old 23rd December 2002
no ssl yet 
1272 and 1073 what's the diff besides eq/??

Brent Averill's site makes these things the same besides the eq. Is this correct?? What are the differences???
Old 23rd December 2002
jon
Capitol Studios Paris

If you call Brent Averill, he or Avedis could explain in more detail (they are great guys and very helpful, I have found), but from what I recall, the 1073 has a third gain stage that kicks in roughly around the 50-60dB level. The 1272 was originally a line amp circuit, not a mic pre. Also, I believe the 1272s are made/composed/racked with brand new St Ives output trannies....and personally, I like the sound of the old St Ives iron in the 'vintage' pre/EQs. The new St Ives are supposed to be exactly the same model and method of manufacture as the old ones, but time does seem to change the sound a bit.

BTW, there are many other good Neve pre/EQs besides the 1073s....the 1089, 1099, 1064, 1066 are all (I believe) class A, some with the same EQ frequencies (like the 1089, which is essentially a 1073 with the line in gain pot in the opposite direction), some with different ones (like the 1064 or 1099). All are very, very nice; in fact, these Neve channels are still unbeatable (for me) at what they do best.
Old 23rd December 2002
Lives for gear
The line input is a really nice feature on the 1073 etc. Even if you don't use the eq running a recorded signal through the line in transformer can really add a nice tone to a signal during mix downs.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search