The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Analog Delay vs ptools plugins What's the diff??
Old 21st December 2002
no ssl yet 
Analog Delay vs ptools plugins What's the diff??

Guys I'm not really experienced in using the old delay classics. I'm considering a DSP upgrade for my mix system. And since a great deal of my processing power goes to delays/reverbs, I'm thinking about whether it would be wise to save dsp money (Since I don't want to invest too much in my mix system) and pick up some delay units ala Line6 or maybe symetrix 606. I know this will involve using inserts and the inherrent delay of ptools but I think it might be something I should look into.

Opinions??????
Old 21st December 2002
Gear Nut

If you have the I/O to spare, "real" delays are the way to go, forget the Line 6, ANY 80`s Korg SDD series will kill it...
I have an SDD-1200 and a SDD-3000, and they sound really great.
A little noisy, but the delays are smoother and sits in the mix much more than a Line 6 delay can ever do....
And yes, I have I line 6 delay too, but it´s now in my guitar rig, replacing my Echoplex in need for repair.... I miss it!

The Roland SDE series also sounds great, AMS, TC2290......

Amund
Old 22nd December 2002
Re: Analog Delay vs ptools plugins What's the diff??

Quote:
Originally posted by no ssl yet
Guys I'm not really experienced in using the old delay classics. I'm considering a DSP upgrade for my mix system. And since a great deal of my processing power goes to delays/reverbs, I'm thinking about whether it would be wise to save dsp money (Since I don't want to invest too much in my mix system) and pick up some delay units ala Line6 or maybe symetrix 606. I know this will involve using inserts and the inherrent delay of ptools but I think it might be something I should look into.

Opinions??????
You can get buy with the basic Digi delays(i think the version 2 of their digi delays are cool in HD. Tempo and subdivisions which i think is the same in the mixplus) for a lot of your meat and potatoes.

For certain things nothing beats a nice outboard delay.

I would say have both.
Old 22nd December 2002
Lives for gear

Re: Re: Analog Delay vs ptools plugins What's the diff??

Quote:
Originally posted by thethrillfactor
You can get buy with the basic Digi delays(i think the version 2 of their digi delays are cool in HD. Tempo and subdivisions which i think is the same in the mixplus) for a lot of your meat and potatoes.

For certain things nothing beats a nice outboard delay.

I would say have both.

I agree, for general use the digi delays do their job well ... very well. yet sometimes nothing beats my tc-electronics for delay. (fireworks and sys 6000) the 960 has delays too now, haven't fooled around with those yet.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search