The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Best monitors under $2000
Old 10th December 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bino_5150 View Post
Build them yourself. For a lot less that you are willing to spend, you can build some that far exceed the price range you are looking at... Take the rest of the money you saved and get a really clean amp for them.

Madisound Speaker Components, Inc.

They are very helpful; shoot them an email!
Thanks for this info! I have a awesome wood builder who will build the cabinets for me, so already called them and very helpful indeed. Told them I was looking for something along the lines of the ProAc 100's as I've heard them many times and love them in my particular studio as well, which is most important. The guy recommend these The Madisound Speaker Store

Can anyone chime in on whether these would be a good kit for the ProAc 100 sound? I know they won't be exact of course, not trying for that. Really want speakers that will force me to mix better and also that sound good, don't fitigue and translate well.

I've been using HS80's for about 7 years now and just never get mixes I'm extremely happy with from them.

Thanks for any help GS!
Old 10th December 2013
Gear Addict

Focal CMS65s and a CMS sub... Just have this exact set up sorted this last week and it's been a revelation. The sheer detail is unbelievable; and eye opening.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search