The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any opinions on Neuman M149
Old 6th June 2008
Lives for gear

No fella it's because crap from less-professional boards was dragged in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malice View Post
This indeed getting funnier everyday.

Again, what I see here, as always, is people expressing opinions about something they don't like, and a herd of owner that starts to be disgraceful and insulting to those people and their opinion, instead of argumenting with objectivity and facts.

Read back this thread : only the M149 owners (or users) started nasty comments.

Is that because they paid too much for something that doesn't seem to rally the majority of opinions ? I don't know.

Read this thread again, and see if I'm wrong.

I chose to find this laughable, but others would easy chose: pathetic.

malice
Old 6th June 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeder View Post
Hahaha! That's funny. "Less professional." I think the majority of people in the thread on the other board, who chimed in, engineer / produce / build gear as their sole vocation. Guys who have done this for years, who actually make several records a year, who have used lots of gear, and know their ****, comparing notes based on their real life experience. That's not "professional," eh?

I do know this much: the other board isn't clogged with "which mic should I buy to record (fill in the blank)" type threads. Not very "professional." More "hobbyist," really.

But that's just my impression. Feel free to prove me wrong.
Old 6th June 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:

less professional board ?

LESS PROFESSIONAL BOARD ????

BWAaahahahAHAhAhAhahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA

Dude,

You're talking about Terry Manning and Ross Hogarth forum: do you know amg.com ? You should take the time to search about their credits before making such statements. There are some things I don't dig with that board, but I would never dream to say that this place is not professional, because I really don't wanna look like an arse, really.

LOL X100000

this place (Gearslutz) is a true riot of comic genius, I'm having a great time, really.

malice
Old 6th June 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Both boards host a lot of talent. Malice's board is a cool place to hang as well. You're taking stuff WAYY to personal Peeder. We're all just expressing opinions. No need to get upset over it.
Old 6th June 2008
Viking

Neumann M149....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamk View Post
Was wondering if anyone has used this mic. How is it say compared to a Wunder U47?
I have a pair of M149's - sequential numbers - that I absolutely love. They are excellent...

Bruce Swedien
Old 6th June 2008
Lives for gear

I think this pretty says it all - thanks for chiming in Mr. Swedien
Old 6th June 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Swedien View Post
I have a pair of M149's - sequential numbers - that I absolutely love. They are excellent...

Bruce Swedien
There you have it. Quite an endorsement.

I still say they aren't worth the price, and prefer my M49s and U47 in a heartbeat.
Old 13th August 2011
Here for the gear

M149

The M149 is awesome. My vocal mics include a 1986 Neumann U87, AKG C12, Rode Classic II, and The Neumann M149. Until I purchased the M149, the AKG C12 was my favorite vocal mic. I know that the M149 is hated for its high sticker price, but it is by far the most detailed and beautiful mic I have ever heard. With that said, different sources, voices, rooms, and signal chains will lead to different results. But in my honest opinion, it is one of the best mics ever produced. It is almost too detailed for the average rock recording.
Old 14th August 2011
Lives for gear

Carla Bruni records with this mic. Therefore the mic must be good for something.

How can the microphone be as bad as you all say it is when Bruce Swedien wrote in that he really likes it?
Old 15th August 2011
Gear Head

In answer to the original question: nope.
Old 15th August 2011
Gear Addict

I have owned and M149 for the past 15 years or so and have used it on pretty much everything. Fabulous mic!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search