The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Holy Moly... RCA BA-31
Old 8th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrr View Post
The prices have hardly moved for years. 31's have centered around $300 for 15 years probably, with some wild variation both up and down. The part GS is not built to manage is the difference between unracked parts cost versus finished plug-and-play. These and many other 'bargain' pieces cost considerably more when finished off and ready to use. Maybe consider something like Langevin AM-16 versus the Mercury replica piece, and price a restoration/rackup all the way through. They can end up about the same.
and how much are the valve versions?
Old 8th June 2014
Lives for gear

Which valve versions? There are dozens made over 30 years time. Thousands apiece to hundreds apiece.
Old 8th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Which valve versions? There are dozens made over 30 years time. Thousands apiece to hundreds apiece.
the rca21
Old 8th June 2014
Lives for gear

Watch auctions for awhile, you'll get an idea. I'm not going to set any marks, official or unofficial, by revealing what I've seen over time in specific detail. Suffice to say auctions will always show you something underpriced, and something overpriced, and sometimes on the same day. You do the averaging and decide what it's worth to you.
Old 8th June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viruslabs View Post
the rca21
FWIW, I bought a few raw BA-21a's between $500-$650...had one racked up professionally for approx another $700.
Old 8th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Watch auctions for awhile, you'll get an idea. I'm not going to set any marks, official or unofficial, by revealing what I've seen over time in specific detail. Suffice to say auctions will always show you something underpriced, and something overpriced, and sometimes on the same day. You do the averaging and decide what it's worth to you.
pfffff
Old 8th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesicily View Post
FWIW, I bought a few raw BA-21a's between $500-$650...had one racked up professionally for approx another $700.
thanks.. so rather cheap too..
Old 8th June 2014
Quote:
thanks.. so rather cheap too..
I'd say it's an amazing price for what u end up with...easily rivals any "high-end" tube pre of the day and better than many.
Old 8th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesicily View Post
I'd say it's an amazing price for what u end up with...easily rivals any "high-end" tube pre of the day and better than many.
i see contemporary tubepres mainly as rubbish and doubt that many of them will work without service for longer than 10 years. modern designs also tend to kill the valves any few month while in vintage pres 50 years with the same set of tubes seems to be possible..
Old 9th June 2014
Gear Nut

i have a pile of these that need a new home haha
Old 10th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
pfffff
You don't wanna do your homework, why would I hand you the test key?
Old 10th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
You don't wanna do your homework, why would I hand you the test key?
it was just a simple question..when this is to much to ask for you dont need to answer since your comments are not helpfull but just ranting..
Old 10th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
it was just a simple question..when this is to much to ask for you dont need to answer since your comments are not helpfull but just ranting..
There is a lot of information on the internet.
When it comes to this particular topic, I think you'll find that >75% of it is from Doug.
That's what I have found, anyway.
Old 10th June 2014
Lives for gear

You didn't get the quick answer you wanted. Oh well. NOT a simple question. Hardly a rant present. Call every dealer, see what they quote. I bet few have any, and if they do the price will be all over the place. As soon as I quote something, it'll change, AND it'll piss somebody off. It's a moving target with rare stuff, it's like 'catch of the day' when ordering seafood. MARKET PRICE. Don't pay a lot unless you get a guarantee of good transformers, you can easily buy a dead one. Very few sold as tested/guaranteed at all. Pay more for the guarantee, little for no guarantee. Everything on ebay is overpriced lately; no testing or guarantees.
Old 10th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
You didn't get the quick answer you wanted. Oh well. NOT a simple question. Hardly a rant present. Call every dealer, see what they quote. I bet few have any, and if they do the price will be all over the place. As soon as I quote something, it'll change, AND it'll piss somebody off. It's a moving target with rare stuff, it's like 'catch of the day' when ordering seafood. MARKET PRICE. Don't pay a lot unless you get a guarantee of good transformers, you can easily buy a dead one. Very few sold as tested/guaranteed at all. Pay more for the guarantee, little for no guarantee. Everything on ebay is overpriced lately; no testing or guarantees.
very interesting but why you just dont answer to the question than when you dont like to answer the question? really..is there any use for that? i got my answer..thankyou.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search