The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Rosetta 200 Vs Aurora 16 Shout Out The "test"
Old 28th May 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Do a search then! They've stated it again and again.
amd
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k View Post
i've only been here 2 years but in all that time i've never seen apogee claim anything of the sort. i've never even seen an apogee owner claim anything of the sort.

come to think of it, i've never seen a post from apogee at all.

gregoire
del
ubk
C'mon are you kidding with us? With all due respect, that's like saying " I have never heard of a Pacifica, Peluso, Focal monitors or a 500 series preamp in the GS forums."
Lives for gear

Far better would it be to use a natural source, like they recently did at the Fox stages to evaluate the best converter for their orchestral recordings. Blind listening tests were done comparing the converted version to the source (a life string quartet). I guess I don’t have to tell you who won that contest…

The bottom line is indeed comparing to the source ( I do that all the time with every new design). What does it do with your image, your spatial information, your depth? If there is a huge tonal difference like you describe, there is usually something wrong with the setup.

Best regards,[/QUOTE]

I'm glad i'm not alone in saying you CANNOT eval a converter with anything but a analog source. To do otherwise is merely a waste of time

Last edited by MIKEHARRIS; 28th May 2008 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: sp
Old 31st May 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

a waste of time?? so i guess you never record keyboards or sound modules into your computer then??
If you would then you would understand that IT IS VERY IMPORTANT and it is something that producers do EVERYDAY...unlike recording a symphonie.
I could care less for the results from recording white noise as I could care less from the result from recording a 40 people symphonie or choir, why? Because with my genre of music I will NEVER need to do that. I need tests showing results on daily producer routine with instruments that are common in a studio...what's more common then a sound module?
Old 30th June 2008 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngmain View Post
Hay Lucas when are you guys coming with an 8 or 4 channel of the X series convertors with spidf. Knock them out already man!!!!

I'd love to see 2 channel X by Apogee

Better yet, I'd LOVE to see 2 channel Aurora! Man, I'd buy it in like -1 seconds.
📝 Reply