The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Siemens V276 Opinions? Other Modular Audio Processors
Old 1st September 2004
Gear Guru
Siemens V276 Opinions?

I would be grateful to hear any opinions on this Mic Pre. I have been offered a pair.
DD
Old 1st September 2004
Lives for gear

If they are

A, In good nic, and

B, wired up, powered up, racked up,

They are awesome.
Old 1st September 2004
Lives for gear

I have 4 v676 (the telefunken version of the same pre) i got the NOS and if yours are in the same condition you should except one of the best pres for drums and guitars!
Old 2nd September 2004
Lives for gear

Yeah, the thing with most of the old German stuff is that you need to wire them up and get the some power and 48v.
I have a couple Telefunken V676's. I absolutely LOVE them. I haven't even got 48v hooked up yet. I've used them on vocals, acoustic, saxaphone, snare.... they are unbelievable for the price. I've got a TAB V372D coming soon.
The old Telefunken/TAB/Siemens/Neumann/ANT/Filtek modules are my new obsession. You better grab all you can before they become unreachable.
Old 2nd September 2004
Lives for gear

sssshhhhhhh...
Old 2nd September 2004
Lives for gear

Oh yeah...
I mean NO! STOP! Put your money away!
The only thing those things are good for are pa installs in hockey rinks... in Utica.
Old 22nd February 2005
Gear Maniac

please help me out. Im new and need some help with this thread.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showt...highlight=372d
Old 27th September 2018
Here for the gear

I have one Siemens V276 in combination with a W275 EQ
My Neumann M49 sounds so thick and crisp and close, incredable.
Then an old Sennheiser MD421N gives full
power through that V276
I prefer them over a Neve 1073
Sound is not so rounded in the mids as a 1073 but more present, then far more powerfull in the lows and more silky in the highs.
Really really good preamp.
Theres is one German/Austrian pre that will smoke even a V276 / Neve 1073 and that is the WSW 811403.
It can take a Pepsi challenge with whatever pre you throw at it. It is wide, direct, lovely but strong lows, brilliant mids and airy to fluffy highs.
Imo the best silicium Preamp in existence.
Makes any track sound more ‘luxury’ is the best way to describe it.

Last edited by Pansjebob; 27th September 2018 at 12:57 AM.. Reason: Typo’s
Old 27th September 2018
Lives for gear

Thread necromancy of the finest kind.

There are two things that V276 is not good at. Sub-bass and very clean sound. Other than that it has nice stylized version of reality with little push and very low noise even with high gain settings.

Coles 4038 > V276 > w295b (shelf boost to taste)
Old 27th September 2018
Gear Head

If looking for a V276 try to get the A3 revision. It is the only one where the gain switch does not make brutal noise. The switches in A3 are very good and easy to service. Sound wise V276 rev A1, A2 and A3 are identical. Not to confuse with V276a, which sound different.
Old 27th September 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by matucha View Post
Thread necromancy of the finest kind.

There are two things that V276 is not good at. Sub-bass and very clean sound. Other than that it has nice stylized version of reality with little push and very low noise even with high gain settings.

Coles 4038 > V276 > w295b (shelf boost to taste)
Yeah! I do the Coles 4050 pair into V376 or V276. This is the s**t. Really.
Old 27th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahstlz View Post
Not to confuse with V276a, which sound different.
I had one V276a for a few years, for all practical purpouses it sounded very close to V276.
Old 27th September 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by matucha View Post
I had one V276a for a few years, for all practical purpouses it sounded very close to V276.
The V276a is still very good. The V276 is a tad more open sounding, which I think makes it just perfect with those thick mids.
Old 27th September 2018
Lives for gear

It's not quite the same thing, but probably of interest to anyone who loves the preamps being discussed...

I have noticed that there is a company named 51x Audio, who is making a version of the 672a preamp, but it appears that they have redesigned the output driver, which basically mitigates the weak spot with the A design as far as I see it, and should let them get more gain out of it too.

I haven't tried one yet, but I thought it was an interesting development. The component quality and build looks very on point, and what you would expect from a good Danner style module. Though I think that maybe they are putting them in API500 format.
Old 27th September 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo3 View Post
It's not quite the same thing, but probably of interest to anyone who loves the preamps being discussed...

I have noticed that there is a company named 51x Audio, who is making a version of the 672a preamp, but it appears that they have redesigned the output driver, which basically mitigates the weak spot with the A design as far as I see it, and should let them get more gain out of it too.

I haven't tried one yet, but I thought it was an interesting development. The component quality and build looks very on point, and what you would expect from a good Danner style module. Though I think that maybe they are putting them in API500 format.
Hmm, I couldn't find the product on the website. The 672 is a different beast and you still get them for a reasonable price as originals.
Old 30th September 2018
I had two different Sitral consoles here loaded with 276’s.

A very nice pre. Thick sounding but not too coloured. Of course my pres were going through the master buss traforners as well and it was cool to switch in the EQ’s which also added flavour.

When I got into the Siemens world people said it’s on a par with neve and api. I’d say after using them allot yes they are sound and build wise.

Nowadays I’ve no need for a desk and mic pre of choice is either an API 512 or a V76.

Ian

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search