The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Prism Orpheus Digital Converters
Old 6th July 2009
Gear interested

that's freakin great! i really didn't wanna have to get a big ben.
btw, do u know if the software interface for the Orpheus has
a reverb that i'd be able to use for a headphone mix (i don't wanna
track the reverb ya know). thanx for the help man
Old 8th July 2009
TZk
Gear Maniac

there is a manual online for such questions...

no reverb. the prism has no dsp.
if you need reverb than you use a plugin in your daw and route that back into the headphone mix
Old 8th July 2009
Gear interested

i didn't know you could use a plugin like that. would you happen to know how i could set that up in cubase sx3? i'm currently using a motu mk3 ultralite and it has dsp reverb, so i never really had to worry about it. thanks for the help man
Old 16th July 2009
Gear Addict

I agree with Adam. Oh and by the way, thanks Adam for the recommending the Orpheus about 6 months ago to me. I was a little 'sketchy' about taking the leap to the Orpheus, but once I heard it...... Wowwww ! And I'm a big fan of the AD 16X and Rosetta 800 I have, but whoa... I wasn't ready for the shock-value that comes with hearing the Orpheus ! That thing is borderline uncanny. I hear things audibly happening behind my back while sitting in a stereo Near-field monitoring setup ! With regard to needing a clock..... I used the Orpheus to clock an old synth I have (Roland XV-5080) and it literally made the thing sound like a brand new modern synth, no exaggeration !!! It's like I'm discovering new sounds in it for the first time ! As good as Big Ben is, it never had such a dramatic effect on any piece of gear I've had. You have absolutely nothing to worry about with the Orpheus' clock - Reub.
Old 16th July 2009
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsstar View Post
there is a manual online for such questions...

no reverb. the prism has no dsp.
if you need reverb than you use a plugin in your daw and route that back into the headphone mix
There is another way. You can use configure the low-latency mixers so that you can use some of your channels for insert effect. For more info, see the FAQs.
Old 16th July 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstackm View Post
I hear things audibly happening behind my back while sitting in a stereo Near-field monitoring setup !
Now that's depth!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search