The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
amek angela console Consoles
Old 4th April 2008
Lives for gear

amek angela console

any thoughts on this board? I'm considering purchasing it. Want to eventually purchase a tape machine to use with it. I want to achieve higher quality mixes than i'm capable of in the box with protools.
kia
Old 4th April 2008
Gear Maniac

I think they're excellent for the money. Parts are still readily available through these lovely people, (of whom I believe one is a member of our fair gang).

If it's an Angela II then stay away. Horrible things.
Old 4th April 2008
Lives for gear

any other opinions on this console?
Old 4th April 2008
Lives for gear

Amek Angela 28 Channel Analog Console Vintage - eBay (item 230237808745 end time Apr-07-08 10:20:37 PDT)

it hasn't been recapped. how much would that cost? i've seen this up several times and not many bids. perhaps it's not worth it?
Old 4th April 2008
Gear Addict

Don't do it. You can do a lot better for that amount of money. If you were going to get it for $1-2k I'd say maybe it's worth it, because there will be maintenance (changing all the caps is a serious job not for the faint of heart) and if you were into learning you could make it sing. They weren't bad in their day. But at $6500, there are better, newer, sweeter sounding boards out there. Have you looked at Toft?

Older isn't always better.
Old 4th April 2008
Lives for gear

i was actually considering Toft before this. Is that a better way to go? i want to make sure that it won't be a waste, because if it is i'd rather just save for something better.
Old 4th April 2008
Gear Addict

My advice: Try before you buy. If you can't get your hands and your ears on the console before laying down thousands of dollars, it's not worth the grief.

Why do you think they let you test drive a car? Would you buy a car based on a forum recommendation?
Old 4th April 2008
Pat
Gear Addict

Don't buy it!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search