The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SUPER SONOMA
Old 18th March 2008
Gear Head

SUPER SONOMA

I have been looking into buying a DAW and have been reading about the Super Sonoma(DSD). Does anyone have any feedback on this?
Old 18th March 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrillo View Post
I have been looking into buying a DAW and have been reading about the Super Sonoma(DSD). Does anyone have any feedback on this?

Hey,
Their are lots of info concerning the Sonoma and DSD on this Forum, so you maybe can do a search or Visit the Super Audio Center where they sell the Sonoma system to find out more about it.
It is rather expensive but due to Mytek Converters that has been added as an alternative to the EMM labs converters there is a cheaper package available.
Their are a couple of people with Sonoma systems on the Forum maybe they might chip in something later.Good luck.
Old 19th March 2008
Lives for gear

Genex DSD / PCM AMAZING~!

I've done quite a few DSD (sessions) or projects on different Genex Audio 9000 systems.
Checked out the Sonoma stuff.....
BUT WAY TOOOOOOOO MUCH $$$ compared to GENEX.
So I purchased a Genex 9048 main frame, fitted with 16 channels of convertors DSD/PCM for one project we did a year ago.

And then end result was I got what I wanted as far as a DSD Multitrack for much less $.
As I am doing mostly R&R, I really didn't need the Mietner convertors?
Although I assume they are great, from what I've read.

Our particular system can be configured as a 48 track PCM / DSD recorder / playback system with additional cards from Genex.
As they just plug in the rear of the unit.

I also have the very rare remote control, which really makes this a digital replacement for ANALOG multitracks.
Trust me...it sounds amazing!

Sadly enough, we are now listing our GENEX machine for sale.
Just in case. you or anyone else is interested?
It was used for the one session then packed away.

Since standard procedure here is....if it's not being used every other day...it's for sale!
Although it is an amazing machine, with a sound very simialr to ANALOG, it has to go.
Attached Thumbnails
SUPER SONOMA-genex-9.jpg  
Old 3rd April 2008
Lives for gear

The best thing to do is call Gus at the super audio center Super Audio Center Home. He's a hell of a nice guy and has been involved in many major industry events.

The sonoma system has become quite a bit more affordable with the new Mytek converters, so for sure it's worth looking into.
We've done several records on the system and they are beautiful sounding records.
I really can't believe anyone would even mention the Genex system givin the great press that's been going on around here for some time (sarcasm inserted). Really folks do a search on Genex before you purchase. You can only imagine the support you'll end up with if you even ever get a product from them.
Really the Sonoma is the only real game going for DSD recording, check it out.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search