The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
LA-610 vs VT-737 Single-Channel Preamps
Old 14th March 2008
Lives for gear

LA-610 vs VT-737

I'm looking for a channel strip, and since I don't have any tube compressors or equalizers in my rack, I'm thinking these two units might be good options. The only negatives I've run across in other discussions are insufficient headroom in the LA-610, and a less-than-thrilling compressor in the Avalon.

The primary use would be as a voiceover and vocal front end, but it would also see service as a compressor/mixing option for non-ITB mixes. If anybody has experience with both, I'd love to hear your comparative opinions.
Old 14th March 2008
member no 666

If you want a fuzz box get the 610... if you want uber clarity get the 737... if you want something in the middle that can go from clean to "attitude" then check out the Pendulum Audio "Quartet".

Peace.
Old 14th March 2008
Gear Addict

Nobody noticed that it is possible changing tubes in LA610.Changing tubes makes difference in big expensive monsters like Thermionic and i`m sure that could make LA610 usable.
I`ve just tested 3 different NOS tubes in AT4060 .
Old 14th March 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
If you want a fuzz box get the 610... if you want uber clarity get the 737... if you want something in the middle that can go from clean to "attitude" then check out the Pendulum Audio "Quartet".

Peace.
C'mon, Fletcher! You took a whole two minutes to respond! The Quartet is a little out of my "desired" price range, but it does look like a perfect answer. Definitely considering it. Thanks.
Old 14th March 2008
JMc
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by janek 68 View Post
Nobody noticed that it is possible changing tubes in LA610.Changing tubes makes difference in big expensive monsters like Thermionic and i`m sure that could make LA610 usable.
I`ve just tested 3 different NOS tubes in AT4060 .
UA noticed. The new 610SE that's coming out at the end of the month is using vintage NOS Ameican tubes and a Cinemag transformer.
Old 14th March 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMc View Post
UA noticed. The new 610SE that's coming out at the end of the month is using vintage NOS Ameican tubes and a Cinemag transformer.
I would love to hear that in action, took em long enough...my old 610 left me flat

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search