The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Radial JDI users Direct Injection & Re-amp Boxes
Old 13th March 2008
Gear Addict

Radial JDI users

The silkscreen says 600 ohms output impedance & the manual says 150 ohms.Anybody know what the actual output impedance is?
Old 13th March 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bit mangler View Post
The silkscreen says 600 ohms output impedance & the manual says 150 ohms.Anybody know what the actual output impedance is?
My guess is 600 ohms, since that's what the Radial web site states. For example: Radial JDI features & fuctions
Old 14th March 2008
Gear Addict

Check this out though...2nd main heading.
Usually isnt the standard 600ohms for line level & 150ohms for mic level
Attached Thumbnails
Radial JDI users-1.jpg  
Old 14th March 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bit mangler View Post
The impedance of the JDI's output is 150 ohms. It is designed to terminate into a device that loads it with 600 ohms or more, like most mic pres. In this way it appears to a preamp like an ideal microphone.
Old 14th March 2008
Gear Maniac

my passive JDI says "balanced 600 ohm" on the xlr out
Old 14th March 2008
Lives for gear

Does anyone know how a JDI reacts to phantom power on its input? I'm thinking of picking one or two up and sometimes I get to a live gig where some dumbo has P48 on all inputs..

Herwig
Old 14th March 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPoet View Post
Does anyone know how a JDI reacts to phantom power on its input? I'm thinking of picking one or two up and sometimes I get to a live gig where some dumbo has P48 on all inputs..

Herwig
Phantom power on its input? The input is a 1/4" TS jack. Only the XLR output uses 3 conductors (required for phantom). Do you mean phantom on the output? Its output is transformer isolated, so you shouldn't have any problems.
Old 16th March 2008
Lives for gear

I'm sorry, wrong terminology .. I meant output of course.

I played yesterday on a p.a. system that had a J48 for me (bass) and a JDI for the acoustic guitar. The passive one didn't sound as good as the guitar players' U5 he normally brings and I liked the J48 on my Stingray5 (soundcraft K? desk on Westone 2way in-earing)

Herwig
Old 16th March 2008
Gear Maniac

I sold my U5, as a DI I was always left flat.

Most guys I know or have seen that use a U5 in their bass rig tend to slap and they like some of the presets for that, but really I dont miss it at all

as a DI, the JDI sounds the most natural to me.

Now acoustic guitar is another story altogether. Never been thrilled with DI & Acoustic guitar. If I was gigging with my acoustic I would be go route of a micro condenser like the DPA stuff, like the 4061
Old 16th March 2008
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPoet View Post

Herwig
There's a Jensen transformer on its output, so no DC stands a chance of getting through.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search