The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Neve 33421
Old 19th July 2004
Gear Nut

Neve 33421

I have a rack with four of these and was wondering if someone knows anything about them... History, value etc., etc.. I did a Google on them but can't find anything.
Old 20th July 2004
Gear Addict

Man,

This brings back bad memories.
A guy tried to pawn some of those on me too.
Turns out he was a little bit crooked.

Run away fast!
Old 16th May 2015
Here for the gear

I purchased a racked pair of these about 12 years ago...At the time there was very little info about them so I contacted AMS Neve and they were nice enough to give me some background info. The are amplifiers from the mix buss of a 1977 mobile console that was designed for the BBC so technically they were not designed as a "mic pre". However, they provide more than enough gain to be a mic pre and in application they rock quite a bit. They are my go to for far room mics and bass DI, and I often use them on guitars as well. They add a lot of thickness. Not super-accurate and a little slow on transients but sometimes it works to your advantage.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search