The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
KRK 9000B Help Consoles
Old 27th February 2008
Here for the gear

KRK 9000B Help

I have a pair of krk 9000's that are stupidly bright. on the back of the speaker there are 3 threads and you can join 2 of them together to alter the top end. the 3 options are flat common and 1.5db. I currently i have common and 1.5db tied together. Prosumably the 1.5db is a drop at the top end and not a boost.

Have i got this right?

Also i need a new woofer. Anyone know where i can get a cheap one? thanks
Old 27th February 2008
Gear Head

Not sure about the different settings for the top end- might be worth trying one of each possible configurations and then just listen to them.

As for the Woofer Focal JM Labs in France are making the parts for older KRK models and their prices were pretty reasonable last time I checked.

Unless you know one of them is new you should get two so you don't end up with flabby bass from the older cone and if it was me I'd also get a new pair of tweeters and keep your current ones as backups incase you have a meltdown on session..
Old 28th February 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAT-1 View Post
I'd also get a new pair of tweeters and keep your current ones as backups incase you have a meltdown on session..
Yeah right.... good luck trying to find NOS 1" Kevlar tweeters for the 9000B. They are the same ones that go in the E8s and are IMPOSSIBLE to find. I just bought a pair of 9000Bs with a blown woofer to canibalize them for the tweeters as spares for my E8s. I guess you could always buy a pair of the TC120TD5 tioxide tweeters which were the second version but even those are hard to find.
Old 28th February 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley27 View Post
Also i need a new woofer. Anyone know where i can get a cheap one? thanks
PM me I may get you one REALLY cheap.
Old 28th February 2008
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyjellybean View Post
Yeah right.... good luck trying to find NOS 1" Kevlar tweeters for the 9000B. They are the same ones that go in the E8s and are IMPOSSIBLE to find. I just bought a pair of 9000Bs with a blown woofer to canibalize them for the tweeters as spares for my E8s. I guess you could always buy a pair of the TC120TD5 tioxide tweeters which were the second version but even those are hard to find.
Like I said JM Focal Labs in France are now making replacement tweeters and woofers for older KRK's..
Old 28th February 2008
Lives for gear

thats good to know....

i dont know where you are but i wembley loudspeakers (in acton) are good if you are in the uk

i love 9000b's
Old 28th February 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Like I said JM Focal Labs in France are now making replacement tweeters and woofers for older KRK's..
Not the models you're talkng about!
Old 28th February 2008
Gear Head

Sorry just to clear up any confusion Focal made the original drivers for the KRK brand before they started making their own ones so if you ask them nicely they'll sell you some.

I got 6 new tweeters and woofers from them last year for some 6000's so I'm sure they'll still have them in stock which is better than buying used ones...
Old 28th February 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sorry just to clear up any confusion Focal made the original drivers for the KRK brand before they started making their own ones so if you ask them nicely they'll sell you some.

I got 6 new tweeters and woofers from them last year for some 6000's so I'm sure they'll still have them in stock which is better than buying used ones...
The the 90 mm tweeters used in the 6000s, 7000s and E7's ,are quite common and are still available as NOS in a lot of places. The tweeters used in the 9000s and the original E8's are 120mm and I KNOW that Focal doesn't have any left and will not be making them. Believe me, I have researched this extensively.

Ashley 27 : PM me or email me because I may be able to get you a used 9000 woofer for free if you pay shipping.
Old 29th November 2012
Here for the gear

@Johnnyjellybean, I just got my KRK 9000b's hooked up that I got from my old boss. Sadly, one of them sounds like it needs a new tweeter and woofer. I'm on the hunt to try and locate a tweeter replacement by some chance, but do you happen to still have any or know where I can find a replacement woofer? I realize you last posted to ashley 27 about sending one to her a good almost 4 years ago, but still hopeful.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search