The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Eventide H3000 D/SE help Analog Processors (HW)
Old 14th July 2004
Lives for gear

Eventide H3000 D/SE help

Hi All!

I have an Eventide H3000 that starts distorting once it has been turned on for about 20 miutes. This is only happening on the pitch shifting programs. (odd) I have been on the Eventide Helps site and user conference. Unfortunately, the user site is now only for newer models (Orville, etc...) Has anyone experienced this type of issue?

Thanks!
Old 14th July 2004
Lives for gear

It looks like this machine is in need of servicing. These models get pretty old. You could sent it to eventide for repair or you could upgrade with an Eclipse of DSP-series. Inside the eventidehelps forum there is a lot of info about these old machines. Just look around in the Files area or the forum archives.

I remeber something like some Eproms should be pushed gently into position, but do not know for sure. Please ask Italo.

Harrie
Old 15th July 2004
Gear Addict

You are not alone. I have the exact same problem w/ my D/SE. If I load a reverb program first, when I first power the unit on, and wait awhile, it seems to solve the problem. I'll get a loud ticking noise, as well as static in my unit. What's really weird, is lately it has been working great, so who knows??? I know the quirks of the machine, so it doesn't bother me. The sound quality makes up for it.
Old 15th July 2004
Lives for gear

I was hoping to avoid the service call as they charge $350 just to look at it. No telling how much once they get under the hood!

I've tried the re-seating the E-proms as posted on the help site. Didn't really change anything.

Wow......I'll try that loading the reverb program first just to see. I can't live without this unit! I've wanted an Eventide since 1982 when I heard my first 910. I've owned the 3000 for 7 years now! It's permanently attached to my right arm!!

Thanks for your help!
Old 16th July 2004
Gear Addict

Hey Beech, Did the reverb program help at all??? The preset I always load is called "Northwest hall". I load it in and then let it sit for 10-15 minutes before trying any other presets. If I get noise once I load the new presets, I load Northwest hall again, wait a minute or two, and then try the new preset again. It usually clears up after a few times.
Old 28th June 2017
Here for the gear

Hey Brother,
Did you get your Eventude H3000 fixed ?
I have the same problem.
Any advice ?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search