The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mytek 896 ADC vs Aurora 8/Rosetta 800
Old 25th January 2008
Gear Maniac

Mytek 896 ADC vs Aurora 8/Rosetta 800

Anyone here compared the older version 8ch ADC from Mytek with the comparable offerings from Lynx and Apogee, mainly the Aurora 8 and Rosetta 800 (I cannot use more than 8ch with my 002, and I'll need to get a converter with an ADAT card, which all these offer)?

Since I exclusively willl be tracking at 48k, the Mytek 896 seems like a really good option, especially if it can compete with something like the Apogee AD-16x, which I believe is a great unit.

Through searching the posts, it seems like a lot of people here prefer the never Myteks (8-192 and stereo versions) to the Auroras and Rosettas, but don't know with the older 896. Or should I believe that something like the newer Auroras offer a better sound?

Thanks,
Old 26th January 2008
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texum View Post
Anyone here compared the older version 8ch ADC from Mytek with the comparable offerings from Lynx and Apogee, mainly the Aurora 8 and Rosetta 800 (I cannot use more than 8ch with my 002, and I'll need to get a converter with an ADAT card, which all these offer)?

Since I exclusively willl be tracking at 48k, the Mytek 896 seems like a really good option, especially if it can compete with something like the Apogee AD-16x, which I believe is a great unit.

Through searching the posts, it seems like a lot of people here prefer the never Myteks (8-192 and stereo versions) to the Auroras and Rosettas, but don't know with the older 896. Or should I believe that something like the newer Auroras offer a better sound?

Thanks,
You could try download and listen to comparison files here:

http://www.mytekdigital.com/compare/index.htm

Regards, Michal
Old 16th September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytek View Post
You could try download and listen to comparison files here:

MYTEK DIGITAL USA

Regards, Michal
I'm sorry but if I was selling a peice of gear and wanted to put comparable samples to the compitition I would NEVER make the compition sound better than me even if they were. Thats just not smart! Anywho I made the plundge on a 800 and I have to say that its the best thing that I have done! Outside of letting the music bug bite me in 93.
Old 16th September 2008
Lives for gear

So Ron, how does the Rosetta 800 compare to your Tweekhead mod on the 003?
Old 16th September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonT View Post
I'm sorry but if I was selling a peice of gear and wanted to put comparable samples to the compitition I would NEVER make the compition sound better than me even if they were. Thats just not smart! Anywho I made the plundge on a 800 and I have to say that its the best thing that I have done! Outside of letting the music bug bite me in 93.
It's amazing how different we all hear things.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search