The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Suggestion for Compressor in live performance Dynamics Plugins
Old 25th June 2004
Gear Maniac

Suggestion for Compressor in live performance

Can anybody suggest a good compressor for live performance.
Small Budget.
Thanks

MattioliCo
Old 25th June 2004
Lives for gear

The BSS DPR-404 is one of my favorite compressors for live sound...with second place going to the Klark Teknik DN-504.
Old 25th June 2004
Gear Head

I like the dbx160. You can get them used at about 200$.
Although they need a lot of rackspace, IMO they are the most versatile and fastest to set up comps for live aplication.
Very good especially on kick, snare, bass, vox and subgroup compression. Only for guitars look for somthing different, cause the lack of attack/release.
Old 25th June 2004
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by De chromium cob
The BSS DPR-404 is one of my favorite compressors for live sound...with second place going to the Klark Teknik DN-504.
have to go with those two as well...except in the opposite order. the bss piece is auto attack/release (still great sounding) , but the KT is a fully functioning quad(and equally great sounding). i guess the de-esser on the bss works pretty decent for vox. one feature i really love about the KT is the "hard" button. this little feature can pull a sound (especially lead vox) to the front of the mix like nothing else i've ever used. i mix a lot of vocal heavy stuff where the lead vox is always changing from song to song. i just use the hard button to pull out the lead vox of the moment or set a voice in the background by disengaging the hard button. oh, and it sounds amazing in either setting on just about anything. majic.

cheers,
Old 25th June 2004
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the replies everyone...
Any idea of how much it costs for a used KT DN-504?

Matt

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search