The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
In depth review of the Liquid Channel is out Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 17th June 2004
In depth review of the Liquid Channel is out

July edition of Sound on Sound. After reading the in depth review, I can say I trust this particular reveiw very much. Since you have to have a SOS subscription to read it, I will not print it here. All I can say is they were very impressed with it, and could not tell the difference in a A/B comparrison.

This is the bomb, and will be in many studios in the near future.
Old 17th June 2004
Gear Nut

Shizz...I truly hope this thing is the bomb in that I'm a small studio owner and I'm looking for something to do everything, even if everything isn't exactly the way "everything" sounds exactly?

Whatever, all I'm saying is that if it can do what they say it does, I'll be stoked...I may even buy one, but I'll wait a while and try it out before dropping 3 grand....

Peace
Old 17th June 2004
Lives for gear

I'll wait for some coder genius like knufi to release a freeware plugin that is just as good.heh

Too bad we can't read the SOS reviews though.
Old 17th June 2004
It''s only like $35 for on line subscription. They also gave a good review to the Rode K2 mic.

I will give you some more info on the review. 40 compressors, and 40 preamps in one box. There is a promise of future additional replicas as free downloads. Two units can be linked for accurate stereo applications. There is also a remote control software. A Con is having no DI input.
Old 17th June 2004
Lives for gear

The funny thing is no one has givin' the Liquid Channel a bad review. Everyone who has touched one has good things to say. I know the theory behind the LC makes those with 100's of thousands of dollars in pres, comps and the likes, a little nervous but that's technology for you.

I can't wait to get my hands on one. I'm gonna buy a new unit at my earliest convience. If it's what I expect then I'll pick up another.

BTW-This has been beaten to death in another post but the LC cannot be immulated with software so you may be waiting a long time.
Old 17th June 2004
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Revelation
It''s only like $35 for on line subscription. They also gave a good review to the Rode K2 mic.

I will give you some more info on the review. 40 compressors, and 40 preamps in one box. There is a promise of future additional replicas as free downloads. Two units can be linked for accurate stereo applications. There is also a remote control software. A Con is having no DI input.
Hmmmm... have you ever read a BAD review in Sound on Sound?

Either they only post their postive reviews (and can the bad ones)... or.... they are in somebodies pockets.
Old 17th June 2004
Lives for gear

Re: In depth review of the Liquid Channel is out

Quote:
Originally posted by Revelation
they were very impressed with it, and could not tell the difference in a A/B comparrison.
were the comparisons done by solo listening, or did they actually mix a song using tracks recorded w/ the LC?
Old 17th June 2004
I have never seen a bad review in Elec Musican, EQ, Home Recording, Mix or SOS. They all usually only review gear that is a good value or good equipment. SOS usually will tell about the pros and cons of the equipment.
Old 17th June 2004
Once in a while SOS review gear that hasnt had enough thought put into it (like a novice designer) they DO say "needs work" and things like 'must try harder"...
Not very often but I have seen it.... IMHO.

Jules
Old 17th June 2004
Lives for gear

Jules, you forgot to complete the sentences:

1: "Needs work, coz you can't leave this baby of a
monster machine unemployed!!!"

2: "Must try harder, I really must try harder, try to avoid
the urge to buy this baby of a moster machine..
Aaagh, I'm broke!!!! I'm gonna' rob some bank!!!!"

ruudman
Old 19th June 2004
Lives for gear

These mag reviews leave a lot to be desired.

I see phrases like "one minor niggle", as if using the word complaint, flaw or problem would be too offensive to the manufacturer.

When I read reviews on computers, cars or high-end stereo equipment, the authors are very throrough with their testing and often brutal in their assessments. For musical/recording equipment, we get general information that we can read on a sales brocure and often rave reviews on mediocre stuff.

Guitar magazines are the worst. The POD XT has a pretty good clean, but the distortion is absolute crap (this one's not even subjective). Yet, all the magazines simply ignored it on their reviews or said good things about it.

I prefer to read Gearslutz threads for an honest opinion, thank you very much.

Laser
Old 19th June 2004
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by laser

I prefer to read Gearslutz threads for an honest opinion, thank you very much.

WORD^
Old 19th June 2004
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Stoneface
WORD^

Be careful, many (I said many, not most, not all) of the folks here are VERY opinionated about gear that they have never laid a finger on.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search