The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Eventide D/SE question Keyboard Controllers
Old 22nd December 2007
Gear Nut

Eventide D/SE question

Let me first say that i'm sorry. I'm sorry that i'm so stupid but i just got this thing and i don't have a manual... so i'm reaching out to the slutz...

If someone out there would be take mercy on me and give me a few pointers that would be great...

1st. how do you change the dly time on some programs? for example 292 dual dk dly... when i hit parameter all i see is (cutoff 1) (q1) (mod amt) (type 1)
most of the time my programs have no dly time... a few do? there must be a way to scroll through more paramaters...

2nd. what section of the unit is MOD FAC and how do you TAP delay times on this thing?

I have a manual on the way but it's gonna be a while i'm afraid...

help me slutz

-jas
Old 22nd December 2007
Lives for gear

out of the head ? uffff ... just hit parameter again till you get where you want to.
theres no way tapping the delay time as far as i know. cant help right now, good luck !
Old 22nd December 2007
Lives for gear

Jas,
Just download the H7000 manual from Eventide. It has quite a bit more bells and whistles than an H3000, but has the same basic operational structure: soft keys, parameter & program keys, numeric keyboard etc...it'll get you on the way...
And if you screw up, just load the program again...
Best,
Raf R.
Old 22nd December 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5down1up View Post
out of the head ? uffff ... just hit parameter again till you get where you want to.
theres no way tapping the delay time as far as i know. cant help right now, good luck !
Yep hitting parameter cycles you through everything. I think some patches do have the ability to tap in the tempo, but I could be dreaming that up... there are so many presets in that thing that I can never keep them straight...
Old 22nd December 2007
Gear Nut

yea

i will download the h7000 manual that's a great idea. but as far as hitting parameter goes... on most of the patches there is NO SETTING FOR DELAY TIME. if anyone has a D/SE i'm on 292 and i see nothing to adjust the delay time. Also as far as tapping dly times... from the eventide site w/ regards to mod fac on the D/SE

a better digital delay...

A great way to keep mixes from turning into mud is to synchronize delay times to the tempo of your music. With mod factory, you can adjust delays (and LFO rates) in musically useful quarter-note subdivision. To sync to a new tempo, simply set the Beat-Per-Minute control or "tap" in the tempo on the front panel. If 1500 milliseconds isn't enough delay (if you want to repeat entire musical phrases), simply install one of Eventides' sampler memory options. mod factory will automatically detect the extra memory and give you huge amounts of delay. (Two delays of up to 11 seconds with the HS322 or two delays of up to 32 seconds with the HS395).
Old 22nd December 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABE View Post
i will download the h7000 manual that's a great idea. but as far as hitting parameter goes... on most of the patches there is NO SETTING FOR DELAY TIME. if anyone has a D/SE i'm on 292 and i see nothing to adjust the delay time. Also as far as tapping dly times... from the eventide site w/ regards to mod fac on the D/SE

a better digital delay...

A great way to keep mixes from turning into mud is to synchronize delay times to the tempo of your music. With mod factory, you can adjust delays (and LFO rates) in musically useful quarter-note subdivision. To sync to a new tempo, simply set the Beat-Per-Minute control or "tap" in the tempo on the front panel. If 1500 milliseconds isn't enough delay (if you want to repeat entire musical phrases), simply install one of Eventides' sampler memory options. mod factory will automatically detect the extra memory and give you huge amounts of delay. (Two delays of up to 11 seconds with the HS322 or two delays of up to 32 seconds with the HS395).
I'm pretty sure the "Smooth Delays" patch allows you to adjust the delay time. I use that one a lot.
Old 22nd December 2007
Gear Nut

ok

i discovered that if you hit RETURN when you get to the end of the parameters section it takes you to another menu that has the larger catagories such as delay! yay!

still wondering how to tap temp though...

-jas
Old 20th February 2017
Lives for gear

Just to add to this I always found that the delays on non delay specific patches to be weird to set. But do I love the sound! For example patch #249 space flange sounds amazing and has this little delay, but for some reason in the delays menu (which has 6 delay time options) the default setting has delay #6 @ 200ms. To lock in with my song I need it to be at 208ms as the little bit of timing makes a difference in this particular application. But no matter what I do, for any of the delays 1-6 in this patch, the maximum amount is 200ms no matter using the wheel or keypad.

Any care to explain or offer a workaround? Manually shifting the track in the DAW makes the flange sound too crazy so it needs to be from within the parameter on the unit.

I don't want to go through the trouble of midi clock out of my daw as I've had mixed results with other gear and sometimes in mixing you don't always have a BPM and apart from that sometimes I don't want it to be midi BPM locked and I want to manually enter the delay amounts. The Eclipse is cool because you can have a global tempo, or adjust each one with the delay much easier, but here - not so much.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search