The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Wireworld
Old 10th December 2007
Gear Nut

Wireworld

Mr. Wagener, I read on another site that you had a video showing the construction of Wireworld. Is it available somehow? I would love to see the construction process.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 10th December 2007
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc7 View Post
Mr. Wagener, I read on another site that you had a video showing the construction of Wireworld. Is it available somehow? I would love to see the construction process.

Thanks,
Jeff
Yes I DID. The DVD somehow got "lost" and the original is on 12 hours of unedited 8mm video. In any case it was just showing a couple of Germans putting up some walls, nothing special heh
Old 10th December 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwagener View Post
In any case it was just showing a couple of Germans putting up some walls, nothing special heh
LOL!!!!! any good beers and frankfurters in the process??heh
Old 10th December 2007
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuel View Post
LOL!!!!! any good beers and frankfurters in the process??heh
You bet, Currywurst and all... (I don't drink beer, though)
Old 11th December 2007
Gear Nut

Thanks so much for your reply!

Jeff
Old 11th December 2007
Lives for gear

Hey Michael,

Any news about Wireworld 3.0? heh
Old 11th December 2007
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killahurts View Post
Hey Michael,

Any news about Wireworld 3.0? heh
It's on hold for now. The new owners of the farm have no problem with me staying there long term, so the pressure is off for now. At some point I will build the new studio into the guest house on my property, maybe with a little add on, but I am still kicking around ideas for that. Right now I am so busy that I don't even have time to think about it, get building estimates, make plans, check into investors/money things etc.

Also, I really don't want to spend a 1/2 million $$ on a new studio at the stage the business is in, so I might keep it small. Not really sure about the new setup yet, but I think I will go for a more ITB approach and sell some of the outboard gear at some point (you never thought you hear me say that, did you?), maybe get the Euphonix S5 Fusion or just the fader packs for the MC5, don't know yet, lots of stuff to think about. Maybe I should start a new thread...

The one thing is, it would be hard to do workshops in a small place like that, so I would have to come up with a new idea for that as well.

Time will tell.
Old 11th December 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwagener View Post
Not really sure about the new setup yet, but I think I will go for a more ITB approach and sell some of the outboard gear at some point (you never thought you hear me say that, did you?)
It's the end of the freakin' world. stike

Seriously though, I hear you. I'm beginning to have a hard time justifying hardware purchases, value-wise (in my studio at least).

I guess we're seeing the beginning of the end of an era..
Old 17th February 2008
mab
Here for the gear

Hi Michael,
I see your equipment list and have a question about AD/DA... Of all the coverters you have at Wireworld, what is your main AD/DA. I assume the Hedd192 and do you track at 24/96K? 24/32bit floating/96K in Nuendo? Thanks for the insight.
Old 17th February 2008
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Hi Michael,
I see your equipment list and have a question about AD/DA... Of all the coverters you have at Wireworld, what is your main AD/DA. I assume the Hedd192 and do you track at 24/96K? 24/32bit floating/96K in Nuendo? Thanks for the insight.
My main converters are the Euphonix 713 and 703. I have now 48 channels A/D > D/A of those. The other main converter is the Benchmark DAC-1, which replaces the SONY DMX D/A converter in the studio monitor section, vast improvement. The HEDD is on the stereo buss with all the good analog gear on it's inserts. I am looking into buying a UA 2192. ...and I still have yet to hook up the analog I/O of the SSL Alphalink converters, only used them for AES I/O so far. Time to build a new studio... heh

I record 24bit/48kHz into Nuendo (via the Euphonix converters) and inside Nuendo I work in 24 bit not 32.
Old 17th February 2008
mab
Here for the gear

MW Thank you!! You are the coolest, I really appreciate your kindness in sharing information. I would be 205 years old by the time I figured out this stuff on my own. Thanks again, you rock!
Old 16th September 2008
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
MW Thank you!! You are the coolest, I really appreciate your kindness in sharing information. I would be 205 years old by the time I figured out this stuff on my own. Thanks again, you rock!
Well, I'm 101, at least on MySpace...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search