Does anyone have suggestions for a NYC-area mix room that fits the following criteria?
1) Terrific analog mixing desk (I like updated Neve 8058, 68, 78 but open to other ideas). I prefer to avoid SSL and Euphonix - I have my reasons.
2) 48-channels (minimum) of mix inputs - automation not important.
3) Reasonable selection of good analog outboard gear.
4) Enough space for supplied surround monitoring (5 - ATC scm-50s).
5) Good support staff.
6) Manhattan, Brooklyn or 1-1/2 hour radius of Manhattan OK.
+1 for Water Music
I'm the 2nd guy there, so perhaps I'm biased.. but some amazing records have been mixed there. While there aren't 48 outs (PT HD w/32out) it is very comfortable (huge control room and live room). The Neve is in great shape, lots of great vintage outboard. There's also residences, which are great if you're from out of town